Photo

Preventing tan lines before the wedding?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hello Ladies, I am getting married in Jamaica and you all know you have to be there 2 days prior to your wedding. I was just wondering what are you ladies or past brides done to prevent any tanning prior to the wedding day. I don't want any tan lines in my wedding pictures. I know you can use sunblock, but if you are in the sun all day for 2 days I am sure you will get somewhat of a tan.

Just wondering if anyone though about this and if so what are your plans?

#2 Stacy015

Stacy015
    • 172 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

My dress was straight across the top (strapless)
      I just wore a bandeau (however you spell it) swimsuit top.
      No tan lines!! :-)

#3 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:01 PM

Yep I just plan on wearing bandeax tops all week, especially since we will be there for 5 days before the wedding, and make sure to apply apply and re-apply your sunscreen!
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4 Stacy015

Stacy015
        • 172 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

I also applied and applied sun screen :)

Tried not to be in the sun ALL day (like I normally would on vacation) too!

#5 donutdjn

donutdjn
          • 419 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

planning on buying some bandeau tops and swimming top/bikini in the style and keep in the shade as much as possible (which will be very hard!) we fly out on a saturday and get married on the wednesday.

#6 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
            • 349 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

I tan *really* easily and didn't mind having color but didn't want to be super dark either. For the 3 and a half days before the wedding I wore a really wide brimmed hat out in the sun, and slathered SPF 60 on my face, neck, shoulders and arms (wherever the wedding dress would show skin) and also wore strapless bikinis and dresses etc., so I wouldn't have tan lines. It worked great! I can tell that the higher SPFs totally make a difference because my body (which I used 30 most of the time) is a few shades darker than my face/neck, which I used SPF50+

#7 autjo

autjo
              • 2,182 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

Ditto to the strapless swimsuits and lots of sunscreen. I am super fair and went through a bottle of spf 70 before the wedding because I was so paranoid about tan lines and getting burned. I also tried to avoid sitting by the pool all day drinking non-stop (1. to avoid the sun, 2. to avoid the beer belly and 3. to encourage myself to mingle with the guests who don't enjoy just sitting all day). The plan worked and I had no burn or tan lines, I actually spent some quality time with some guests who I probably wouldn't have otherwise, and our wedding pictures came out just perfect.

#8 Lua

Lua
                • 1,231 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

good tip about the strapless bathing suits!!!
                  i'm going to start checking out the summer sales in the next couple of months to stock up on clothes and bathing suits for the wedding. being that my wedding is April 2011, i figure i'm going to have to buy all my cloths at the end of this summer to get the best deals!

#9 Princess J

Princess J
                  • 424 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

Great tips! I also plan on doing a little fake tanning prior to the trip so I don't burn once I get there. I don't want to be red but I look horrible too pasty too!
                    50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

#10 katelynn

katelynn
                    • 414 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

I agree, strapless bathing suits, suncreen, shade, aloe/after sun cream and exfoliating (sp?) your skin and moisturize. I also plan to pre tan about a month before.
                      Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users