Help!! Trying to decide where to have my destination wedding......

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 melfaybik

• 187 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

Hello Everyone!

I am planning to get married in May 2011 (date is flexible) and I am trying to decide between resorts in Mexico There are so many to choose from:

Dreams in Puerto Vallarta
    Dreams in Los Cabos
    Dreams Cancun
    Dreams Riviera Maya
    Dreams Tulum
    Moon Palace
    Beach Palace
    Cozumel Palace
    Riu Palace
    Velas Vallarta

Playa Fiesta

Playa Azul

Azul Beach

Azul Sensatori

Any others that you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. I need a resort that is family friendly. I also need a place that would have a nice covered area that is NOT on the beach. I also want a private reception area. I really want it to be a WOW-type of wedding, cocktail hour, buffet or sitdown dinner, music, fireworks, a place that I can have a reception that is longer than 4 hours.

Looking for a great photographer too.

I'm counting on all of you to help me make my decision easier.

I am looking at Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta or any other areas you can suggest. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you!!!

#2 tris

• 609 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

Before I decided on Jamaica, not Mexico (because of legalities, it's so much less paperwork, etc to get married in Jamaica), Dreams Tulum was our first choice. I even was in contact with the wedding planner there and she's great. I've read many reviews from girls here who have gotten married there and it was just beautiful. I haven't looked in to all of the resorts you have listed, but that's my two cents :). It may be helpful for you to e-mail your "wedding plan" to your top few resorts and see what kind of response you get from the planners?

Happy picking!
      Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#3 rosieposie

• 649 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

wow! you've got quite a list there! The resort chains that you've listed are certainly popular choices. Perhaps start with narrowing down the features and amenitites that are most important for you to have and see which resort can fufill the most? The Dreams and Palace properties are very popular, modern decor and family friendly.

Before we chose our resort, we also looked at Dreams PV and Riviera.

Don't forget to check out the May 2011 Brides thread =)

#4 Ellabaja1983

• 1,541 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

I think you have a great list there. Before picking ours, Grand Palladium Kantenah, we were looking at Dreams Tulum. Part of the reason we didn't go there was because my MOH had been to a friends wedding at Grand Palladium White Sands. Both my MOH and the first who got married there said that for the price you couldn't beat GP. I know one of the down falls with GP is you do have to pay for the wedding package where some resorts include it, but it's a lot cheaper to stay at GP - so they probably wash each other out for us, but certainly not for our guests.

I think I would try to narrow it down a little more and then contact the top choices and see what they can do for you! Good luck!!
          Married the love of my life in April!!

#5 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

Wow seems like you have quite a decision on your hands. I am sure that brides from each of those places can lend some advice and help you narrow it down. Welcome and happy planning!

#6 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hi welcome to the forum, happy planning!
              BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#7 hulagirl132

• 194 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

I am planning on getting married late summer/early fall 2011. I am also looking into Mexico for our DW.

I would suggest reading the forum specific for your destination/hotels and get ideas from brides getting married this year and get updates on how their wedding planning is going...maybe that will help your decision?

I am also in the beginning stages of my planning so I'm a bit all over the place right now.

~Married at Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta on May 30, 2011~

#8 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
                • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

Hi Melissa,
                Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#9 huongii

• 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:00 AM

I am also between Moon Palace and Azul Sensatori. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#10 janapana

• 591 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:36 AM

Hi there, welcome to the forum, say goodbye to any free time, cos you will be addicted to this before you know it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users