Is anyone buying their BM dresses??

I ended up giving them their money back. They paid initially, then, when I got a $400 check for selling lia sophia, it was easy to just use that to pay them back (since that's not my "real job", I never think of that money for any specific purpose). Their dresses were $100 each, and my mom and step-dad paid for my step-sister's. We also paid for all the GM's clothes.

Amy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessyboston View Post
hi girls ... i am not buying anything yet.....but i really feel i should and want to by the bm dresses they are coming a long way and with expenses of the shower and evrythign else i thought it would be nice... i thought about only doing 2 but now i would like to do 4
my sis
his sis
my 2 cousins
i just need a little help knowing a can afford to pay this lol.....
i have been agonizing over this as well because i really like the idea of buying their dresses but we are having 7 on each side and the cost is huge - i am thinking that instead of forcing them to wear a specific dress AND have to buy it, a good compromise for me is to pick a color and just ask them to get a dress they like in that color - that way i don't feel so bad for making them buy a dress they might not like and if they pick it out and it fits their body / taste well - they will love it!

• VIP Member

What I plan on doing is letting them pick out their own style of dress, with a few limitations, and offering to pay up to $150 of it. That way, if they choose a more expensive dress, they will have to pay the difference.

Hi, We paid for the BM dresses, shoes, and our GM outifts. We only have 2 on each side. All of our friends are just finishing up Uni and don't have a lot of cash. Since they are paying their way we thought it would be nice to get their clothes. If we had a bigger group then we would not have been able to afford it, so I really think it depends on your budget.

I don't think you should feel obligated to buy the dresses, but I think it's nice to pick out inexpensive dresses. Also, keep in mind how much alterations would cost. If I had BMs, I was going to let them each pick a bright solid color dress. I don't think they'd mind paying for a dress if they can get something they like. It would've been casual dresses too, so they could've kept it as cheap as they want. You can always just pick a color. I've always wished the brides would do that for the weddings I've been in. I'm not a fan of matching dresses. Maybe because I have a closet full of them.

I have 2 BMs, and I totally planned on paying for them. However they flat out refused. they would just ignore me whenever I brought it up wink.gif

so I guess I'm not! But I plan on using the money I budgeted for it and get them something else - perhaps a massage on the beach or something

I would love to be able to pay for their dresses, but I have 8 BMs, so it would be way too much. When I asked my best friend Nicole to be in my wedding and told her it would the "most expensive wedding" she would ever be in, she so nicely said that she would be paying to go and buying a dress to wear whether she was a BM or not, so to think of it that way. That made me feel a lot better.

But, I did pick out dresses that were $120 to keep the costs down for them.

Yeah I can see how buying 8 BM dresses would be a lot! For me it was only 2, and they weren't too pricey.

I picked the designer (so the pink accents on their dress would match the pink on my dress) and then they picked whatever dresses they wanted. I like that they're in different dresses b/c now I know they really do love them. Plus, being more casual dresses I think they'll wear them again.