Sign in to follow this  
simba1234

Is this a crazy idea? Pls give your honest opinion.

Go for it! It is a unique idea, definitely not a crazy one. It is a 'thank you' and a nice souvenir for the ones who attended. The personal note makes it meaningful. The people who sent you a gift, but did not make it to the DW can get a nice card.

The only thing to watch out for is how long it will take to produce. You do want to send the 'thank yous' soon after you get back from your honeymoon. However, if you are able to send them out in the next month or two, it would be perfect.

Imagine their surprise when they see it in the mail :)

I'm like the other brides in that I would love to know how you are going to go about creating this!

Thanks everyone! I'm actually now really excited about doing this. I ran the idea by my hubby and he loved it. So now, I'm just trying to find the best printer to do it. I had 50 guests and I'm planning to send one magazine per couple so I'll only print about 25 copies. I'll have to pay about $6 for each one but the more you print the cheaper the price. So if I were printing 50 magazines it would only cost about $4 each.... 100 copies would be $2 each, etc...

So, my original vision was a 'perfectly binded' magazine meaning they would glue the pages together like some of the monthly magazines (i.e. cosmo, Brides Mag, etc..). But they just told me that since I only want each magazine to have 8-10 pages, I'll need to "saddle stitch" which means they staple the spine the same way you see the weekly magazines (like people, sports illustrated, etc...).

I was kinda bummed because I wanted it to look and feel like a monthly mag. I think it just makes it look more sleek and professional.

Do you think I should add more pages to the magazine? Would that be overkill?

Or should I just stick with the smaller magazine that has the pages stapled together?? Do you think the magazine would still look good?

I think it'll look fine with the saddle stitch and I'm sure none of the recipients will even know there was another option. And don't forget that you have to mail these...the more pages you add, the higher the postage goes!

Oh and I saw your earlier post about hand writing an "editor style" note page - fantastic idea!!! I can't wait to see pics of the final product.

I think it's an absolutely awesome idea, and based on the feedback everyone is posting I think you may just start another DIY project trend on the forum!!

I don't think adding more pages would be overkill...I think your guests would LOVE to see so many pictures from the wedding and the vacation, so if you really want the spine glued, and it's within your budget then I say go for it! But I also think that your guests would totally appreciate the stapled version as well....I don't think you'd have one person say "gee, this was nice, but it would have been better without the staples"...you def don't need to break the bank to make it a beautiful project.

Whichever way you go, I'm sure it will turn out amazing and your guests will love the pics as well as all the effort that went into it. And like other brides have said ...PICS....PICS.....PICS :)

I think anyway you go the magazine is going to be a total hit with your guests! I wouldnt stress about it not being binded like a thick magazine... your guests are going to appreciate it all the same!! I am excited to see how it turns out!!