• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

i didn't have one (this is an option too!), but my best friend that got married a month before me had spa weekend. it was AWESOME! we rented a cabin in northern MN that had a spa, pool, etc. and bought a bunch of food, and beverages. some only came for one night, but most of us spent the weekend - it was perfect!

#12 michelle08

michelle08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christine
      I went wine tasting and then had a slumber party
      Now see...that is kinda what I was thinking?? My group of friends have done the wine tasting many times so I know that will go over well....

What did you do at your slumber party? It's been so long!!

#13 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
        When we went to the bridal show last month, there was a chef there who offered custom cooking classes/wine tastings for bachelorette parties. I hadn't really thought about it until then, but I thought that was a really cool idea because most of the people who would be at my bachelorette party are all huge foodies! :)

There was also another guy at the show who had a large sailboat and offered private dinner charters in the evening ($40 per person). I thought that would be another cool idea...
        Those cooking classes seem fun...especially since I can't cook! :)

#14 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lizz10179
          What about a spa day? You and all the girls could go get facials, manicures, massages, etc then have a nice dinner.
          Yes, i have thought of that too...especially relaxing for the mommies in the group!!!

#15 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by akh
            i didn't have one (this is an option too!), but my best friend that got married a month before me had spa weekend. it was AWESOME! we rented a cabin in northern MN that had a spa, pool, etc. and bought a bunch of food, and beverages. some only came for one night, but most of us spent the weekend - it was perfect!
            That sounds nice too...when my friend got married a couple years ago we went up to Tahoe (it's only about 1 1/2 hrs from Sac) and we rented a cabin for the weekend and some girls came for one night and come for both but we did the lake during the day one day and went out at night and had a stripper come to the house.

I don't really want a stripper. She didn't either but felt like she wanted a "traditional" bachelorette party so we did it for her. I would like to do something like this too but I don't know if the laying out at the lake in early May will be warm enough....

So many ideas that are great!!!

#16 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by michelle08
              Now see...that is kinda what I was thinking?? My group of friends have done the wine tasting many times so I know that will go over well....

What did you do at your slumber party? It's been so long!!
              Check out www.myttv.com/tami10248 and see if you can find someone in your area who does this. They will bring the wine to your house (FREE!) and do the tasting for you (you can pick the kind of wines you like or they can choose some based on your tastes).

I did this for a girlfriends bachelorette weekend in the mountains and everyone loved it. They all bought the wines that they liked for themselves and then the bacelorette picked her favorites and everyone bought her at least one bottle too -- to start stocking her wine rack.

#17 michelle08

michelle08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,702 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:46 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by foxytv
                Check out www.myttv.com/tami10248 and see if you can find someone in your area who does this. They will bring the wine to your house (FREE!) and do the tasting for you (you can pick the kind of wines you like or they can choose some based on your tastes).

I did this for a girlfriends bachelorette weekend in the mountains and everyone loved it. They all bought the wines that they liked for themselves and then the bacelorette picked her favorites and everyone bought her at least one bottle too -- to start stocking her wine rack.
                Tami, that souds very interesting...I have never heard of it before. So you are a consultant...pretty cool. I will definately check that out for my area. Thanks!

#18 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:49 PM

Quote:
                  Tami, that souds very interesting...I have never heard of it before. So you are a consultant...pretty cool. I will definately check that out for my area. Thanks!
                  Yep, I started about a year ago doing it PT (actually to help pay for the wedding!). I know there are lots of CA consultants (we just had out annual wine conference in Boston and I met a few of the CA consultants). It's a lot of fun and totally stress free.

#19 michelle08

michelle08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,702 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

i can't find on the site how to locate a consultant...

#20 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
                      i can't find on the site how to locate a consultant...
                      Click where is says "Host" and you will fill out a contact sheet and the consultant closest to you will be sent your info to contact you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users