Jump to content

Photo

We booked the Hilton!!!


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 ThompsonFrump

ThompsonFrump
  • Newbie
  • 22 posts

    Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:46 PM

    We are just about ready to book the Hilton. Any changes you made to the proposal or things to ask for in proposal? Did Emeline make good suggestions for photog?

    #22 gkashmira

    gkashmira
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,962 posts

      Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:00 AM

      Jen - You must feel fantastic and relieved to have that part over with! I am so glad that you got the premiere suite that was promised to you too! I am definitely here for help or suggestions if you need them but I think you have it all uder control!

      When was that wedding again... hmmm... maybe we'll coincidentally be visiting the Hilton that night... hee hee hee!

      BTW I totally recommend the Sun Fun Hut over the Whale Wacthing terrace - it's really private - looks out over the ocean of course and also will have some shade for your cocktail hour... But whatever you decide it is really going to be the wedding of your dreams!
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

      #23 LGENDEIN

      LGENDEIN
      • Newbie
      • 59 posts

        Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:17 AM

        Congratulations! The Hilton is fantastic!! We loved it. I agree with Kashmira above, the Sun Fun Hut is private, we had our cocktail party there and then moved onto the Dolphin Terrace, which was also very private. Most of our guests didn't even know that side of the hotel existed until the wedding. Have fun planning!

        #24 NYJen

        NYJen
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,326 posts

          Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:41 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ThompsonFrump
          We are just about ready to book the Hilton. Any changes you made to the proposal or things to ask for in proposal? Did Emeline make good suggestions for photog?
          I really didn't make too many changes to the original contract. I added in that all tables, chairs, china, linens and chair covers are included (Thanks Kash.) I also listed a specific date that the 80% F&B deposit will be due (rather than just saying 15 days before we arrive.) And since I am outsourcing Jennifer Hatton for my cake, I listed on the contract that the cake and desserts will be brought in from outside. Other than that, it looks good. Just make sure you check the math on the numbers too. Emeline got it wrong on the first contract and I had to change it. Oh, and Emeline didn't recommend a photographer. I got Juan Carlos from recommendations here on the forum.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by gkashmira
          Jen - You must feel fantastic and relieved to have that part over with! I am so glad that you got the premiere suite that was promised to you too! I am definitely here for help or suggestions if you need them but I think you have it all uder control!

          When was that wedding again... hmmm... maybe we'll coincidentally be visiting the Hilton that night... hee hee hee!

          BTW I totally recommend the Sun Fun Hut over the Whale Wacthing terrace - it's really private - looks out over the ocean of course and also will have some shade for your cocktail hour... But whatever you decide it is really going to be the wedding of your dreams!
          I do feel better. Thanks for all your help. We're getting married on 04.06.08 (our 10 year anniversary - we met on a blind date.) I think we're using the Sun Fun Hut for our cocktails and the Whale Watching for our reception. Do you think that's good?

          #25 -Kate-

          -Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

            Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:50 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
            I do feel better. Thanks for all your help. We're getting married on 04.06.08 (our 10 year anniversary - we met on a blind date.)
            How fun that your date is 4/6/8! You can do all sorts of fun stuff with the 2 (of you) on 4/6/08.

            #26 NYJen

            NYJen
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,326 posts

              Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by LALA
              How fun that your date is 4/6/8! You can do all sorts of fun stuff with the 2 (of you) on 4/6/08.
              I wish I was creative like that. What kinds of things can you do with those numbers I don't have one creative bone in my body!!!




              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users