Photo

When do you buy your airline tickets?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Mrs.S2B

Mrs.S2B
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

What about Tuesdays?  Is this something I have heard or did I make it up?

#12 DWBride615

DWBride615
    • 852 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs.S2B 

What about Tuesdays?  Is this something I have heard or did I make it up?

No, you're not making it up. I posted about this earlier in this thread; just go to page 1. =]

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#13 wnmrtn8

wnmrtn8
      • 170 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

My wedding is in the December and we just bought our tickets with Volaris airlines to puerto vallarta round trip for $200. They usually have sales on Tue or Wed. I register to get price alerts from many websites like travelzoo.com and orbitz.com and with airlines. I hope it helps. And if it's a big group airlines give you a discount but since we are traveling during high season we where not able to get the discount.

#14 msjesslee

msjesslee
        • 165 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

I think also the price forecaster on kayak has been pretty accurate

#15 Marta86

Marta86
          • 21 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

I am getting married on Feb14 should I be buying my flight tickets like now then? Seems like everyone's buying them very early. Also, is it cheaper to buy the flight and hotel separate or allcnclusive? Seems like it would be easier to do the all incl. get the transfer too no worries unless doing it separately would save you a lot of money.

#16 shopnboard

shopnboard
            • 162 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Has anyone been able to get group rates with airlines on various days? I think I read that minimum you need is 10 people travelling on the same day

#17 awhiteside

awhiteside
              • 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

We are doing group rates directly with the airlines. We actually just booked with United Airlines. But it was the requirement that you read, which had to be 10 people minimum and on the same round trip flight. However, the really big upside is people only need to pay $50.00 deposit and they do not have to pay the full amount till 2 months before the flight. 

It worked out as some of are guests who didn't really have set dates , jumped on board since they felt it was a good rate. Plus now we have 12 people booked and we haven't set out our formal invitations yet! 

#18 Marta86

Marta86
                • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yes, 10 people minimum from any destination across Canada. I booked with nolitours. I know it depends on the amount in your group I think the magic number is 20. I needed 30 seats and because we're taking up so much space on the plane the price went up. You would think the more people the cheaper it is but not the case.

#19 shopnboard

shopnboard
                  • 162 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Interesting, I did call American Airlines and I told them at least 10, the price they quoted me was more than what was showing up online. They said something similar that because it's more people the price is more... I was planning to go back to them later after getting more details. I'm really waiting for JetBlue flights to open up... Also I'm hoping my travel agent can do better.

#20 Marta86

Marta86
                    • 21 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Interesting, I did call American Airlines and I told them at least 10, the price they quoted me was more than what was showing up online. They said something similar that because it's more people the price is more... I was planning to go back to them later after getting more details. I'm really waiting for JetBlue flights to open up... Also I'm hoping my travel agent can do better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users