New Dreams Los Cabos Photography Policy 6/2010

Hi Everyone,

I got a call from the wedding department at Dreams Los Cabos and they wanted to let me know that there is a new photography policy in place.

Here is what was sent to me:

Quote:
Dear Dreams bride,

In order to ensure a quality service, Hotel Dreams Los Cabos has built a new partnership with Photo Adventures, a very exiting photo company which will catch all those memorable moments on your special day. Starting from now, all wedding packages including photography will be covered by them. Please feel free to visit the following link in order to learn more about their photography and additional services:

Adventure Photos - Adventure Photos

For any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact your wedding coordinator.

Mariana Martínez Alva

Groups & Conventions Manager

Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & SPA

My understanding is If you book a wedding package that includes photography, Adventure Photo will be the photographer. You can still bring outside photographers to take your wedding pictures but you will need to pay for that photographer.

I am not sure if this applies to weddings booked before this policy went into effect so you will need to contact the wedding coordinator you are working with to get more information.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tammy for this update. Do you know if there has been any change to the videography policy. I am doing my videography through Dreams and they confirmed Dino Gomez as my videographer. I guess I'd better contact Yarai and find out.

That company is actually part of an activities company called Cabo Adventures, hence the name Adventure Photo, not a specialized/professional photography company, they hire young "photographers" to shoot family and activities' photos to sell on location prints and photo packages and since they have a kiosk inside the resort, they now provide "Wedding Photography" as part of the Dreams Wedding Package.

Here's the main company's page, you'll recognize the logo from the "photo company", they also have sister companies in Puerto Vallarta and Cancun. Cabo Adventures, Tours, Activities, Excursions, and Expeditions, Mexico

I've taken many activities with them and I must say that they are great at that, but you cannot expect the same quality and experience from an unknown "photographer" working for a multibusiness company than from a well known Wedding Photographer, with a trained eye, thousands of Wedding-Hours under his/her belt, top notch equipment, studies, training and a world-class portfolio.

How much do you value the memories of your wedding??

I must say, taking the priceless photos of a wedding isn't an "Adventure", it is a huge responsibility!

Best,

d!no

Absolutely Agree!

My cousin had a very limited budget at home wedding a few weeks ago and a "friend" took pictures. They are horrendous absolutely horrendous. There was a sheet backdrop and some sort of kalidescope effect. I am still shaking from how aweful they were.

It is worth making room in your budget for proffessional photography, cause at the end of the day and all the money spent it is one of the tangilbles that lasts forever along with your hubby and your ring :)

• VIP Member

I completely agree with Dino... plus, they aren't cheap! So now you have "an unknown "photographer" working for a multibusiness company" taking picture of your wedding, but charging what a specialized wedding photographer charges. So sad. The good news is that you can still hire your own photographer.

Thanks for the update Tammy!

Lets put it this way, I personally trained 1 photographer for one year to do what I normally do, this person went with me to about 60 weddings and I told this person about all of the things that I do and how I do them and why I do them and how it works better and everything that I could think so that this person would learn, and this person still does a really really bad job at shooting a camera, so as you can tell not all people have what it takes to be a wedding photographer. That is my opinion on the matter. You be the judge.

Oh and I forgot to mention that this person is not working with me anymore as you might have imagined, in fact I was pretty mad that I spent so much time training this person for nothing!

I agree with Juan. I think it takes something special to be an event photographer. Its definitely worth the money in the end. I would never entrust my wedding to be photographed by anyone other than a professional.

• 1 month later...