Photo

How do you get yourself to workout?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 mnh1983

mnh1983
  • 743 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

My fiance and I try to work out together to keep each other motivated.

In the past, I've also put a calendar on the fridge and marked off each day I worked out with either a sticker or a bright marker. I feel guilty if the calendar page looks too white, so I make sure to do something so I can fill in the blocks!

#12 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
    • 323 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

i see working out as part of my routine for stress management and mental health. I have been working out for a good 10 years. If i plan to go to the gym after work as I do many days, I considered it an appt with myself...me time. If I need to go to an appt or meet a friend etc...I factor in that I will be at the gym at such and such and after I am available. There are many days when i drag my feet to the gym or ...sit in the car in the parking lot complentating if I should go cuz i am so tired etc..i usually then just go and tell myself...20 mins, jenn, on the elipitical and usually after that i am all good but there are times although rare that i end up going home...just too tired from lack of sleep.
      I also tell myself,
      IF LANCE ARMSTRONG CAN BEAT CANCER SO MANY TIMES AND WIN THE TOUR DE FRANCE 7 TIMES...TRAINING MOST DAYS OF THE YEAR... I CAN DEFINITELY DO 20 MINS OF CARDIO....
      can you imagine fighting cancer and getting back on track and training...now who is the one that is tired and worn...?

#13 hat0112

hat0112
      • 1,219 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

Thanks so much for the tips ladies! I used to work out all the time last year and I definitely remember how I felt after working out consistently for 7 months. I felt so horrible if I didn’t workout sometimes I would exercise at 10pm just because I couldn’t go to bed without doing something. I know I just need to get myself to do it.

I love working out with friends or other people, but all my friends are too far away for us to workout together and I can’t afford to take classes right now. I wish I could get my FI to workout.

I do love Jillian Michaels. I would do anything to train with her for a day. I love her sayings and one of my favorite is “Unless you are going to puke, faint or die keep walking!” I try and tell myself that if the contestants on the biggest loser at 300-500 lbs can workout for 6 hours a day, I can do something.
        Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#14 mdb

mdb
        • 190 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:36 AM

I set a goal for myself of how many days a week I am going to work out. Then I get a calendar and mark it on the calendar. It gets me motivated to reach my goal of at least 5 days a week! I don't count it as a workout unless my heart rate is up. So a short walk with my dog... doesn't count.
          Good luck

#15 JanineA

JanineA
          • 2,482 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hat0112
            Thanks so much for the tips ladies! I used to work out all the time last year and I definitely remember how I felt after working out consistently for 7 months. I felt so horrible if I didn’t workout sometimes I would exercise at 10pm just because I couldn’t go to bed without doing something. I know I just need to get myself to do it.

I love working out with friends or other people, but all my friends are too far away for us to workout together and I can’t afford to take classes right now. I wish I could get my FI to workout.

I do love Jillian Michaels. I would do anything to train with her for a day. I love her sayings and one of my favorite is “Unless you are going to puke, faint or die keep walking!” I try and tell myself that if the contestants on the biggest loser at 300-500 lbs can workout for 6 hours a day, I can do something.

Hat since your friends live far why don't you use the ladies on the board for motivation. I know its not the same as having someone at the gym with you but at least your are connected with a group of women who can lend support and motivate you and hold you accountable. Might help!

http://bestdestinati..../index410.html

#16 hat0112

hat0112
            • 1,219 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JanineA
              Hat since your friends live far why don't you use the ladies on the board for motivation. I know its not the same as having someone at the gym with you but at least your are connected with a group of women who can lend support and motivate you and hold you accountable. Might help!

http://bestdestinati..../index410.html

I could definitely use some accountability! I email a few friends, but I could use an extra push. I will try it out! Thanks for the idea!

I love being a Mrs.!

#17 hat0112

hat0112
              • 1,219 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

I just put 2 countdowns on my phone. One for the wedding and one for the BD session I have on 8/1. I found that is alot of motivation. My BD was suppose to be on 7/11 but had to be moved and I am so happy about it. I was realy upset I didn't push myself sooner to lose the weight I wanted for the photos. I won't lose as much as I wanted too but I am alot closer.

I love being a Mrs.!

#18 kimberly333

kimberly333
                • 283 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

Thanks ladies for all the motivational tips. I have to definitly get moving...

#19 Oryx

Oryx
                  • 727 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

I just got one of those KOBO readers -- it's fantastic for the elliptical/treadmill. It is thin enough to fit on that little ledge of the machine and I don't have to worry about the pages moving or staying open. When I'm reading, I can easily forget that I'm exercising.

#20 Monique

Monique
                    • 415 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

Usually a crow bar to pry myself off the couch and my 5 year old who is my hype man who tells me I can do it and tells me she will work out with me!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users