Photo

Wedding Day: How important is the day of the week?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 luciel2820

luciel2820
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

At first we wanted to keep the date of out anniversary which is Oct 20th but it fell on a Wednesday and a lot of the people who are coming are still in school. So we changed it to Saturday. Mostly everyone will be flying out on Friday and leaving Monday. So they will only miss one day of class and for those who work will only need to request 2 personal days and not need vacation time.

#22 primavera

primavera
    • 428 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

I'm debating what weekday to choose and trying to make a decision today :S Guests from Europe will probably travel Saturday - Saturday while the US guests won't be able to take that much time off. I want to be able to relax and enjoy as much time as possible with our guests after the wedding (not having to stress about wedding stuff) and the resort don't do weddings on Sundays. Any suggestions?

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#23 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
      • 307 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:28 AM

I chose a Friday because I thought it would be convenient; it's less time people have to take off work or pull kids out of school. Then again with a destination wedding it shouldn't matter as people already take time off for the trip. You pick whatever day you want!

#24 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
        • 169 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:32 AM

We were not picky at all for dates - First we had to book the flights and resort and then contact the hotel to see what they had available that we were about to use with the Cuban restrictions (3 days in the country beforehand and not on a weekend). We went with Friday, March 25, 2011 at 11:30 am and that suited us just fine.

Iberostar Varadero
          25 March 2011
          Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#25 primavera

primavera
          • 428 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

I guess I might be overthinking it. I'm very good at that :) I have narrowed it down to Wed or Thur that week, but need to make a decision today or I will drive myself crazy.

#26 lisa203

lisa203
            • 681 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:52 AM

We’re getting married on Tuesday, June 21st, our anniversary. The date was more important to us than the day. I guess our thinking is that our guests have to take time off anyway and we told them early enough. Added bonus – weekday room rates ended up being cheaper!

#27 primavera

primavera
              • 428 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:09 AM

Yeah, I was considering getting married on our anniversary but the prices are much higher then and some schools still have spring break so we decided not to.

#28 Monique

Monique
                • 415 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

We picked a Thursday to get married! We wanted to have a few days together before guests arrived and a few days to spend with them!  It's really up to you!

#29 primavera

primavera
                  • 428 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Monique 

We picked a Thursday to get married! We wanted to have a few days together before guests arrived and a few days to spend with them!  It's really up to you!

So when do your guests arrive? Wednesday? I'm leaning towards Thursday now since it will be easier for our US guests, I will just have more time to spend with our European guests that will be there on Saturday which might be a good thing. I haven't seen them in years!

#30 Cindy*

Cindy*
                    • 2,655 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

We picked a Thursday for a couple reasons.  1.  most people are going for a week so we figured travelling from the weekend to the weekend mean they only take one week off work and is more conveinent.  2.  The charter packages from Toronto have travel from Saturday to Saturday.  3.  We wanted it close to a weekend so that if people only wanted to come for a few days they didn't need to take too much time off work.  4.  We are travelling Saturday to Saturday and we didn't want the wedding to be the day before we fly out.  5,  I wanted several days before hand so I could meet with the wedding coordinator, do a hair trial, etc. and not feel rushed.  Overall, I think it worked out well.  I guess it also helped that we were really flexible about the actual date of our wedding as we didn't want a particular date i.e. 10-10-10 or something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users