Skin and Dental Regimen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TaniBBurwell

TaniBBurwell
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

Hey all!

How many months before the wedding should I start a skin care regimen? Should I go and get facials every week? I have no clue in this department!

As far as dental care- How many months should I start whitening my teeth?

#2 creoletexan

creoletexan
    • 220 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

My wedding is next week, and I started the Crest 3D Whitening last week, which is just a 10day regimen.

#3 rosieposie

rosieposie
      • 649 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:48 AM

i think going to facials weekly is too much stimulation for your skin if your skin is in okay condition already. i usually go 4 times a year as the weather changes. Just don't get one too close to your wedding date - you may still be red or recovering from extractions.

results aren't immediate, so it's a good idea to start a proper cleanse, tone, moisturize, eye cream & SPF routine and don't sleep with makeup on! get an exfoliant, but nothing too harsh (something with ROUND or fine granuals, or maybe an enzymatic peel instead), and a mask. exfoliation and mask frequency depends on your skin type. they don't have to be expensive products as long as they are for your skin type.

as for teeth whitening, it will depend on whether you're doing a home kit or something at the dentist's office. you can always do a touch up, if you feel it hasn't lastest.

also, i love these GoSmile tube thingies that Sephora has to do touch ups after eating or drinking staining foods (coffee, tea). to help maintain those pearly whites =)

hope that helps!

#4 newlife

newlife
        • 35 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:07 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TaniBBurwell
          Hey all!

How many months before the wedding should I start a skin care regimen? Should I go and get facials every week? I have no clue in this department!

As far as dental care- How many months should I start whitening my teeth?
          I think there is no need for months. You can start skin care before one or two weeks ago. It applicable for your facial too.

For dental care you should start it from 1 month ago.
          Paradise is always where love dwells.

#5 hat0112

hat0112
          • 1,219 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:13 AM

Well I have 4 months to go, but I am trying out products and things now. I am getting the Listerine whitening strips (I heard they are best for people with sensitive teeth), a face scrub (I already have a doctor’s prescribed cleanser for acne that I have under control so far and a moisturizer I love), I am going to try out a tanning salon, and I am getting my nails done. I want to try all the products and salons and all now to find the ones I like so when a month or so before the wedding I know exactly what I like and what works best for me and my skin. Other than what I listed above, I am getting my hair done a month before the wedding and possible a facial a month before.
            Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#6 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:13 AM

I usually use whiteners on my teeth. I had zoom done about a year ago and so now I am just maintaining at home with Crest 3D. As for my face because I have acne I usually get facials once a month and tri-acid peel every three to four months. The only thing I will be doing outside of my regular regimen is closer to the date I will be getting a photorejuv done but that is at least a month and a half out from my wedding date.

#7 taylorwd

taylorwd
              • 932 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:26 AM

When you start a skin care regimen, it can take a while to start see the changes. I would say months ahead of time is appropriate. You don't want to try any new products too close to the wedding in case you have a reaction to them. Use an exfoliant regularly, microdermabrasion 1-2x/week, facials not more than once a month or so.

#8 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
                • 394 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

I happen to work with a physician who specializes in aesthetics, and according to him, it depends on what you are planning to do for your skin. He recommends that you start a skincare regimen six months prior to your big day. This way, you have time to make adjustments if you don't get the desired response. Facials should be done once a month. For "mature" brides (like myself) who are considering a filler for expression lines, crows feet, etc., the recommendation is about three to four months ahead of time. The fillers usually last about six months and will have some redness immediately after injection. The same goes for microdermabrasion treatments and photofacials.

There is another thread on here in the beauty section that addresses tooth whitening including Zoom bleaching, whitestrips,... The general concensus so far is that Crest 3D White Strips are the way to go.

I would also recommend getting a free skincare consultation by a cosmetic line rep like Mary Kay or Clinique. Some reps can do a thorough skin analysis and match the products that are best suited for you. I hope that this helps!

#9 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
                  • 191 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

Wow I hadnt even thought about chaning my skincare regimin..but I guess it makes sense!! I am going to have to look into this now!
                    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#10 soontobemrsdow

soontobemrsdow
                    • 250 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

Wow thanks for ther info Southern Sweetie....I never would have thought 6 months...I was thinking 2 or 3. Guess I better get started! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users