Photo

oot bags??? Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 michelle14

michelle14
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:49 AM

Do you need to do these for all your travelling guests? I was just going to do them for my bridesmaids! if so how big are these bags?

#2 lorijfletcher

lorijfletcher
    • 134 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by michelle14
      Do you need to do these for all your travelling guests? I was just going to do them for my bridesmaids! if so how big are these bags?
      It is really all up to you. I am doing bags for all my guests and the wedding party will receive some "extra's" in their bags, or we might present them with some personal stuff at our rehearsal.
      I, and many others, seem to be doing beach bag size bags. Some are doing simply paper bags, some are doing no bags. I would say let your budget be your guide. It is really easy to get carried away with these bags. Once you start shopping it is so fun you just want to buy more :)

I don't think there is a right or wrong, here.

#3 MichelleS

MichelleS
      • 189 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:40 AM

I think it really boils down to budget!!!!

#4 kclyburn

kclyburn
        • 153 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:56 AM

It all depends on your budget. I am doing about 30 bags (1 per couple) and I am hoping to spend $1000.00 or under. With a destination wedding, its just a nice way of saying thanks for traveling all this way to be with us. Its a gesture...does not matter how much you spend, just make it special and it will be appreciated!

#5 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
          • 2,727 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

I agree its totally up to you if you do them for all of your guests....if you go that route i suggest you try to stay small because it might be costly...Im doing them for our bridesmaids and hes doing for the guys...and the bags im using for the girls are pretty big but only because I only have 3 girls so ill be stuffing them with lots of goodies and that will be part of their gifts
            He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
            My Planning Thread

#6 MDLady

MDLady
            • 433 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

It's up to you if you want to do them. Our guests seemed genuinely surprised to find them when checking in but it was something that I wanted to do. Mine were not huge and I spent no more than $15/bag, 1 per each person. I bought a lot of individual packets in bulk off websites (see my wedding review for more details).

We bought extra gifts for the wedding party and gave the gifts to them after the wedding along with a thank you card.

Figure out your budget and go from there. It's very easy to go over the budget with the OOT bags but it is also very easy to find very good deals. Just search this forum and you'll see some great ideas for pennies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users