Photo

Do You Think Your Dress Will Make You Too Hot In The Sun?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 Girasole

Girasole
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:34 AM

I wore a short dress & it was still a little warm, I think it would have been even worse in a long dress. Just depends on what you want for your wedding. Also, if you are closer to the water for your reception you will have a nice breeze.
    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#12 heartbeat

heartbeat
    • 228 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:46 AM

like pinayflava i think i will be hot in my dress so i plan to wear my hair all up ( i originally wanted it down as well) but i think if it's all up then it should cool me a lil...if you love love the dress and you think that you can make it threw the day with out getting cranky because of the heat.... i say go for it.

#13 angelov321

angelov321
      • 548 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

I feel the same way. I live in Houston where it feels like 125 degrees everyday in the summer. My dress is heavy and tight fitting and Im worried I will be too hot. However, its the dress of my dreams and I paid way too much for it, so Im sticking with it. If I get too hot in Mexico Ill just deal with it. I forgot who mentioned it, but I really like that hand held fan idea. :)

Alfred Angelo Style 2083 With Free Alterations Free Ship, discounted wedding dresses bridal gowns prom dresses in new york

#14 skadow

skadow
        • Banned
        • 1,853 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

I went with a short dress. I wanted a long dress but I was getting really pissy in the dressing rooms from being so hot, and that was only in Wisconsin! I would die in Mexico. lol

Click the image to open in full size.

#15 kris

kris
          • 506 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

I thought my dress was going to be super hot and the day of our wedding was the hottest day there...no breeze and not a cloud in the sky. All I would suggest is that you get cups sewn into your dress...don't wear a bra or anything else. That made mine bearable....it really wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. You don't really notice quite honestly, your so caught up in everything else

#16 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
            • 521 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by angelov321
              I feel the same way. I live in Houston where it feels like 125 degrees everyday in the summer. My dress is heavy and tight fitting and Im worried I will be too hot. However, its the dress of my dreams and I paid way too much for it, so Im sticking with it. If I get too hot in Mexico Ill just deal with it. I forgot who mentioned it, but I really like that hand held fan idea. :)

Alfred Angelo Style 2083 With Free Alterations Free Ship, discounted wedding dresses bridal gowns prom dresses in new york

Ohhh, that is sooo pretty!

#17 *kellis*

*kellis*
              • 330 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

We got married in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley Arizona. It was 105 the day of(yikes right?) and this was my dress...
                Click the image to open in full size.
                I won't lie, I was hot! But really only when we were standing outside for an hour taking family pictures(grr dont even get me started on the photographer who thought that was a good idea...) and I had to tell him I couldn't take anymore outside or I might pass out. And to be completely honest I think my Spanx was what was making me so hot.
                But I wouldn't have worn anything different. The dress was one of my favorite things about the day.
                It's worth it. Try on that dress, it is incredible.

Also, I know this is going to sound strange but if you find yourself getting really warm, standing in water really helps, so for you ladies having your reception by a pool this could be a cute picture and helpful lol.
                http://davf.daisypath.com/Pw5um7.png
                (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#18 Lindslou

Lindslou
                • 187 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

I just bought my dress yesterday. I am getting married in cuba and I'm also concerned about the heat. The dress I got is heavy, but I love it so much that I can not think of having anything else. I figure it is my one and only big day that I will manage. But the fans and hanging out in the water sounds like a must, plus we are having our ceremony later in the day so I hope that helps

Casa Blanca Bridal :: Collections
                  Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#19 roo66

roo66
                  • 1,001 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

I think you should try the dress and see.I think we will all be hot.Have you thought about a parasol to keep the sun away and deffo go for a 5.00 ceremony if you can.No way should you be doing a 2.00-2.30 ceremony
                    The bigger tulle dresses are meant to be kinder in the heat as they dont stick to your legs.Looking at what youve picked i think you have found the perfect dress xxx

#20 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                    • 282 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

I'm worried about my dress too, but i plan on getting a lighter and cheaper dress to wear for my reception. I figure I can suffer for an hour and pray for breeze lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users