Photo

Future Mrs. Shiffler!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 msdaubert

msdaubert
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:44 AM

Hi! I go by my middle name, Star. I currently live in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. I am getting married to Rob "The Surgeon" Shiffler (he's an MMA fighter) in the fall of 2011. Our date keeps changing because of his fighting career . We will be married in the fall though; I don't care if I have to club his head and drag him down the isle!
    I would like to get married in the Baltimore, MD area. I think inner-harbor is beautiful!

#2 roo66

roo66
    • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:01 AM

Congratulations on finding us all on here.Ive got to ask what is a MMA fighter?

#3 ktnicole

ktnicole
      • 100 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:02 AM

congrats!! welcome to BDW you'll love it!

#4 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by msdaubert
          Hi! I go by my middle name, Star. I currently live in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. I am getting married to Rob "The Surgeon" Shiffler (he's an MMA fighter) in the fall of 2011. Our date keeps changing because of his fighting career . We will be married in the fall though; I don't care if I have to club his head and drag him down the isle!
          I would like to get married in the Baltimore, MD area. I think inner-harbor is beautiful!
          If he is an MMA fighter he will enjoy the clubbing to the head, no : )

Inner harbor is very nice and there are some very nice hotels and restaurants overlooking the water.

Congratulations and Welcome.

PS - We love Carlisle - my husband wants to move there!

#5 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
          • 2,458 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:01 AM

Hi Star!! Welcome and congratulations!! I have to admit that I'm not sure what an MMA fighter is, but I'm assuming it's a pro fighting league? Marrying any pro athlete has to be hard with their schedule, but I'm sure you will make it all work out :) Happy planning!!
            Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#6 mdb

mdb
            • 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

congrats and welcome

#7 AishaB

AishaB
              • 2,350 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hi Star, welcome to the forum and congrats on the engagement. I know you guys will set a date soon. The inner harbor is gorgeous and would be the perfect setting for a great wedding. I am guessing (sorry for being clueless) that MMA fighter is like wrestling or something like that? Well whatever it is, it sounds very exciting!
                BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#8 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                • 1,541 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:22 AM

Hello and welcome! This is a great place to find all kinds of different information! The fall is a beautiful time of year to get married!! That's when we were going to get married here at home (Vermont), but because of a few things, we are pushing it back and changing it to Mexico because it's always beautiful there!! Happy planning!!
                  Married the love of my life in April!!

#9 artistique

artistique
                  • Banned
                  • 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

Congratulations Star! Which league does he fight in? Good luck with all of your wedding planning!

:) Michelle

(MMA is Mixed Martial Arts)

#10 tracy0716

tracy0716
                    • 431 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:50 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I love the Inner Harbour too and I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful info here on the forum. MMA= mixed martial arts fighter for everyone that's been asking. I'm going to ask my FI if he's familiar with your FI, he watches that stuff. Good luck and enjoy your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users