Ladies I need advice about buying on BDW

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ktnicole

• 100 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

I purchased an item from a BDW bride- I sent the money thur paypal on May 3. I have yet to rec the item I really think the BDW bride sent the item- I would really hope so atleast! Anyways what do we do in this situation? How do you all think its best handled? It was sent usps w/o confirmation. I do believe I will be requesting that from now on! If you have any advice I would love to hear it.

#2 nsimpson

• 325 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

Yikes! Hmm... maybe you can contact the BDW bride and ask her to give you the tracking number for the item (they always assign that number regardless of the delivery option).

Hope this helps and good luck.
      Love is a wonderful thing!
      Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#3 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,328 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

you'd need to talk to the bride specifically- BDW, Tammy and the mods don't have any responsibility/obligation when it comes to this stuff. you'll have to work it out with the member.

that happened to me once too. luckily i didn't really care about the item. :)

#4 ktnicole

• 100 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

I am talking to the bride. I dont expect Tammy or any of the mods to handle this- I know its buy at your own risk, just kinda wanted to get fillers for what others had done. The bride isnt being shady at all and has been responding everytime. I hate to ask for my money back bc she is without the item too. but at the same time i'm on a very tight budget. anyways..

#5 pbjwed

• 389 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

talk to the bride and ask for the tracking. I have bought from a few brides and no issues!!

#6 kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,921 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

As Katrina said, you need to work it out with the bride you bought from. The forum is not liable, obviously. So hopefully the two of you can work it out.

#7 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:09 AM

Fingers crossed it turns up.
                What was it you bought? There may be someone on here that would donate the item.You never know we are such a good hearted bunch of girls.

#8 ktnicole

• 100 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:43 AM

chair sashes = (

#9 Mallory57

• 454 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:58 AM

That stinks...I've learned the hard way to ALWAYS get shipping confirmation if I'm the seller...Did you pay through PayPal? If so, you could always open a dispute; if the seller doesn't provide a confirmation #, they are responsible for the goods.

My suggestion is to wait it out a few more days...if you and the seller can't come to an agreement (ie. split the cost of the lost goods), I'd open a Paypal dispute. GOOD LUCK!! :)
                    35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#10 mdb

• 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

sorry to hear about this, hope it turns up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users