Photo

Best Man Passes Away

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Sheree10

Sheree10
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

So sorry to hear about your loss. It must be a difficult time for you and FI/family. I think the ideas alreadu mentioned are good ones. It will be emotional so see what Fi wants to do as time gets closer.
    http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#12 mdb

mdb
    • 190 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

So sorry to hear about the loss! I like the idea of leaving the spot open for him with rose pedals for him. I like idea of leaving the empty seat ... at the reception. And the idea of something on like the back of your program : (

I'm not sure that I would fill his place.

#13 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
      • 191 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mdb
        So sorry to hear about the loss! I like the idea of leaving the spot open for him with rose pedals for him. I like idea of leaving the empty seat ... at the reception. And the idea of something on like the back of your program : (

I'm not sure that I would fill his place.
        YesI forgot to mention that it was at the reception that they had the spot for him with the picture and candle.

Again my condolences for you and you FI.
        http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#14 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
        • 265 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. Prayers going up for all. I think that both ideas could be done and also maybe someone could read the poem.

#15 sorord1

sorord1
          • 240 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:50 PM

I am sorry to hear about you guys loss. I agree with everyone you guys should definitely do something to honor him. Maybe even list him on the program as the best man but in parenthesis but in memorium.

#16 pinayflava

pinayflava
            • 193 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:18 AM

i am sorry to hear that the best man passed away. all the previous ideas are great ones - maybe another way to remember him by at the reception is to have a special dance in memory of him...

#17 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
              • 5,521 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:23 AM

Oh my that is so sad. Im very sorry for your loss. I would definitely leave a spot for him and do a poem. I think that is a great way to honor the people that couldnt be there. Im sorry again.

#18 roo66

roo66
                • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:05 AM

Oh how sad for you all.Are there going to be members of his family at your wedding?
                  How about attatching balloons to each chair and doing a release.
                  You could keep it very simple that way, i mean so the whole event isnt clouded in sobs and lots and lots of tears.

#19 mnh1983

mnh1983
                  • 743 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that. I like the idea of leaving the spot empty with petals or something similar scattered.

#20 Jen1407

Jen1407
                    • 393 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. All the previous ideas sound like lovely ways to honour him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users