Photo

What to do Between the STD and the Invite?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Vintage Bride

Vintage Bride
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

We sent out our save the dates about 1 year in advance to give everyone ample notice for our DW so that they can organize their vacation time and have the necessary money. In order to get a decent rate we have to book by August 31st for our April 14th wedding. So I am sending out our invitations now (July 1st). I decided it was easier to send out invitations which include all the travel details and costs in it. I have asked that people RSVP by August 31st,as they should know by then whether they will be going or not.

Then closer to the wedding I will send out a newsletter telling everyone how excited we are and giving tips about the resort and other things they can expect.

#12 Mischaka

Mischaka
    • 969 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:18 AM

well I don't plan on sending anything out. Yes I want people to book early but that's just not gonna happen. I'm going to send out my invites in Sept or Oct. I didn't do group rates for this reason alone. I didn't want to spend my money and have people book late or not at all. I didn't want to lose out. I sent out a letter with my STD's letting people to know to go to my site for alot of info and updates. But I tried to have them go to my TA to ask about pricing and such.

#13 jszy10

jszy10
      • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

Vintage Bride - I'm so glad you said that!! I was planning on sending my invites this fall for my June destination wedding -- which will include travel information and an RSVP date...I was thinking with a destination wedding invites need to be out earlier than 2-3 months, like with a traditional wedding??

Skadow -- maybe you can push up the date of when you send your invites out and give an RSVP date...that will maybe show everyone the final information on how/where/when to book and a date to book by??

#14 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
        • 190 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

I sent out my STD 11 months prior and around the 6 month mark, the site I am using for my TA and Wedding, sent an email with a reminder that deposits were due by a certain time. So I didn't send anything between the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users