Holy Crap, I’m getting married in 4 months.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kelly, congrats on your house. I love the first dress! But of course like the other ladies said how you feel in it is key. I wish I could say if you don't like it pass it to me...but I already have a dress, well actually two. Keep us posted on how your shopping excursion on Saturday goes. I like number 2 but number 1 made my jaw fall. Good luck...... (oh and PS I was just freaking out in my own mind that I am 4 months 27 days away with no invitations sent when I saw your thread....holy cow!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineA View Post
Hi Kelly, congrats on your house. I love the first dress! But of course like the other ladies said how you feel in it is key. I wish I could say if you don't like it pass it to me...but I already have a dress, well actually two. Keep us posted on how your shopping excursion on Saturday goes. I like number 2 but number 1 made my jaw fall. Good luck...... (oh and PS I was just freaking out in my own mind that I am 4 months 27 days away with no invitations sent when I saw your thread....holy cow!)
JanineA, I didn't sent out invitations to everyone just an e-mail to all of our friends with a link to our wedding website, where they could view the details of the event, and RSVP if they were coming or not. For the older more traditional family members, and friends I did sent them formal invitations. As far as my dress I fell in love with it at first sight and will more than likely wear it to the reception. If I can't find another dress this weekend, I'll just go ahead and wear number 1, I just can't stress of it at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThefutureMrsBrown View Post
JanineA, I didn't sent out invitations to everyone just an e-mail to all of our friends with a link to our wedding website, where they could view the details of the event, and RSVP if they were coming or not. For the older more traditional family members, and friends I did sent them formal invitations. As far as my dress I fell in love with it at first sight and will more than likely wear it to the reception. If I can't find another dress this weekend, I'll just go ahead and wear number 1, I just can't stress of it at this point.
If you fell in love with it at first sight then it should be the one! But that is just me a sentimental, hopeless romantic talking. My dress was the 8th dress I tried on. Actually I saw it on a hanger and said to the girl "See now I would never wear something like this..its too girly and not enough edgey". Won't you know she snuck it in the room didn't tell me and when I tried it on I started crying....that was the one. Good luck this weekend no matter what you're gonna look awesome from your picks above you have wonderful taste. I got a second dress for my TTD very flowy and light, I'm actually thinking of wearing it to the reception. Not sure yet. Your invitation/RSVP process sounds so easy. Wish mine was just as.

I love your first dress, but as the other girls have said, you've gotta wear what's right for you! If you feel in love with it at first sight, I'd think it'd be hard to find something better! Since changing our wedding from a church wedding here at home to a DW, I've been thinking I want a different dress... Now you really have me thinking!!

Oh - and congrats on the house! You have so many exciting things going on right now! Good for you!!

I am also four months away from my wedding too! eeeeeeeek!

I love both of your dresses!

Was there a certain look that you were going for? You can still make the first dress work by playing around with the veil, hair, accessories, etc.

But of course, if you don't picture yourself in the dress, go shopping!

Okay Ladies, I went ahead and bought dress number two these weekend. The dress really fit nicely and as the look on going for on my special day. Dress number one has more of a formal look to it, so I plan on wearing it to our reception. We are also having a reception when we get back from St. Thomas prior to departing for our honeymoon, I will wear dress number one to that reception as well. Thanks ladies for all of your advice and I will be sure to post pictures....Stay tuned!!!

Both of your dresses are very nice...I got caught by the title of your post because that's exactly what i was thinking a few weeks ago (i had a baby in Feb, so that's where my focus has been) Congrats on your house!!!!! Now all we gotta do is eat, sleep, drink wedding and it should all come together by oct..lol