Ideas for Wedding Favors

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Virtuous

• 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

Hello Brides,

I would like to know what wedding favors will you ladies be having at your upcoming wedding, for your guests? Are you purchasing at home and having it shipped to Jamaica or will you be ordering your favors in Jamaica? If so please provide any links you may have.

I’m open to any ideas you brides may have. I’m looking for gift ideas that will be memorable, unique and not too expensive.

#2 yumyum90

• 183 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

Try the forum "gifts, registry, OOT Bags" There are a ton of ideas in there w/pics.

#3 tiffandmarv

• 361 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:55 AM

I plan to buy my favors in Jamaica. I will probably have Appleton Rum and Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. Guests would select the one they prefer.

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#4 barbiegirl_27

• 946 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

We're going to make luggage tags for our guests. I love that the idea ties in with a DW, and they won't take up too much room in our luggage!

#5 mswhatever

• 475 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

I am giving a wine stopper with a beach scene snow globe. I also made Wish Bracelets with the caption "we are tying the knot and you can too". I plan the give the wine stopper in the OOT bags and the bracelets at the ceremony.

#6 traveller2

• 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

Having been to Jamaica a few times, we found the things people appreciated the most (besides the Blue Mountain coffee) was towels. In Negril, at the beach market, you can buy a fullsize bath sheet for $6-$8. We thought they would be excellent favors for our guests.

#7 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

At our wedding in Cabo, we're giving mugs for sure. Still trying to decide if we'll take the OOT bags with ous or give them out here before. For our AHR, we're still trying to decide...

#8 katelynn

• 414 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

We are giving the OOT bags with lots of stuff like towels, mugs, luggage tags etc...

If we do anything else I am going to make a donation to my friends charity as she passed away 5 years ago. This is close to my heart and its better in my opinion than giving something out that people will lose or forget about.

Some other people are doing the Appelton rum which is also a cool idea...really you can do anything. At weddings I have been at they are giving out magnets now which were made of clay with sayings which was also nice.
                  Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#9 selassie11

• 206 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

I've decided not to do OOT bags. In each villa, however, each person will get their own 200ml Appleton Rum and a small package of Blue Mountain Coffee. I've made rum recipe cards (Rum Punch, Rum Cake, Mojito) with Vistaprint and will tied them to the rum bottle. Welcome Letter, Itinerary, Currency Conversion (business size) card. For the villa, I will put a few bottles of water and a 6 pk of Red Stripe in the fridge, and fresh fruit on the counter.

At the ceremony, I'm placing fans on each chair.

#10 Virtuous

• 17 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for the great ideas! I'm liking the Blue Mountain coffee and Jerk Seasoning idea!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users