Photo

Need Suggestions on hair and makeup for brown brides in the Playa del Carmen area

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 msglave

msglave
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:27 PM

Thank you!
    The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
    www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#22 MissSimone

MissSimone
    • 255 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:40 AM

I'm natural also. Maybe you can try a twist out so that it will be curly and tight for the day of your wedding.

#23 Mischaka

Mischaka
      • 969 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:49 AM

Waves Beauty Salon Playa del Carmen by Canadian Hairstylist Trevor Kohlman | Wavesplaya.com

i'm not sure about this place...has anyone heard anything about it I'm hoping that they have some experience with "brown brides"

#24 msglave

msglave
        • 933 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Thanks Ms. Simone, I had been thinking about that, but just wasn't sure if I was going to go that way because I wear my hair like that almost everyday and wanted something different. Mischaka, I tried contacting that place. I got an email that my message was forwarded, but they never got back to me. I found a lady who has over 20 years experience. However, she is freelance and my resort charges a $350 vendor's fee :-(
          www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#25 Mischaka

Mischaka
          • 969 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:06 AM

Msglave they emailed me back and I guess what I want is pretty simple and I'm gonna have a weave. So they said they can handle it.

What is the name of your lady? Is there someplace off the resort you can go to get it done??

#26 eunice.kindred

eunice.kindred
            • 69 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

10-10-10! :) less than 90 days to go...

#27 Thisisit2011

Thisisit2011
              • 65 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

Hey msglave. what did you decide to do?
                "Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen

#28 msglave

msglave
                • 933 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

Mischaka, her name is Doranna. I'm not going to be able to go with her because it is too expensive to pay the trial, actual and the vendor's fee. The still haven't responded to me and it's been a month. Is your hair relaxed?

Thisisit, I haven't decided actually what I'm going to do about my hair yet. I'm thinking about getting two strand twists and getting them styled at home to see if I like it. If so, I can get the two strand twists done freshly before I leave and get them styled at the resort. I haven't really decided. As for as the makeup, I think I'm going to let the MAC people do it here. I will probably buy all the products and let them design my face "on paper." I will probably take the products and the paper to the people at the resort and let them recreate it. I hope all of this works. Worst case scenario, I will do my own makeup. I'm going to be practicing before I go. I'll keep you ladies posted!

Thanks for checking in ladies!!!!!
                  www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#29 Thisisit2011

Thisisit2011
                  • 65 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

Sounds like a great plan. By the way - that's an awesome photo of you and the FI.
                    "Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen

#30 Mischaka

Mischaka
                    • 969 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by msglave
                      Mischaka, her name is Doranna. I'm not going to be able to go with her because it is too expensive to pay the trial, actual and the vendor's fee. The still haven't responded to me and it's been a month. Is your hair relaxed?

Thisisit, I haven't decided actually what I'm going to do about my hair yet. I'm thinking about getting two strand twists and getting them styled at home to see if I like it. If so, I can get the two strand twists done freshly before I leave and get them styled at the resort. I haven't really decided. As for as the makeup, I think I'm going to let the MAC people do it here. I will probably buy all the products and let them design my face "on paper." I will probably take the products and the paper to the people at the resort and let them recreate it. I hope all of this works. Worst case scenario, I will do my own makeup. I'm going to be practicing before I go. I'll keep you ladies posted!

Thanks for checking in ladies!!!!!

I hope you do find a way to get your hair done. And yes, my hair is relaxed. but i'm not sure what route i'm going to go to do my hair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users