2010 photography packages

There was a thread started by a banned member about a special on photography at Sandals - I'm not sure where the thread went or if I'm breaking any rules by addressing the topic again (please someone tell me if I am!)...?

It appears Sandals is offering a bunch of packages containing varying amounts of digital negatives along with some extra stuff. It has been reported to only be good for 2010 ceremonies and must be booked and paid in full by the end of June.

I am getting married on Jan 2 and have been told Sandals will not honor the rate for me because it will be 2011. This is the answer I got after numerous emails between my WC and I, and finally getting my TA involved. I should note I never got a direct confirmation of the package I was referring to (which contained 210 digital pics and other extras for $1300). She informed me the special was just 50 pics plus extras for $980. And after many questions, the WC said the package for 2011 would include less extras but cost $200 more. VERY confusing.

Just wondering if any other brides have been informed about these specials? It seems like there is a huge difference in what some brides are being told compared to others. Maybe it's just because I'm technically a 2011 bride and they're just focusing on 2010 right now?

(Sorry, I'm kind of just venting a little bit. crybaby2.gif This is so frustrating!)

I'm not so sure about a special, but I was married SGOR May 15 and they didn't mention any specials. I paid a little over approx $325 for 25 pics in advance, and negotiated nine more pics for $100 after the ceremony. Not sure about the extras, but we did get a nice 8x10 picture frame for free. Mine was an a la carte package; there was no mention of specials. I think you might be misinformed; and what exactly are the extras? Here's my advise: pre pay the smallest package from the large group (not the a la carte like me since you are willing to spend more) and then negotiate after the ceremony for more pics (and don't worry, they will be happy to sell you the additional pics for extra). You will have two options for the package you pick: they will print them, or they will give you a digital CD. Take the CD. You can upload it to KodakGallery.com and print have them shipped to you. You can pay extra and get them professionally developed there on high quality paper (a little over a dollar per 5x7): it's the same paper, and the developers are better qualified than the ones at the resort. And you can have as many copies as you want without worrying about damaging them in your suitcase.

Josie - I knew someone else commented on that thread! I also saw the information on the Facebook Weddingmoons page. Leslie over there clarified it is for the remainder of 2010, the only stipulation is the package must be booked and paid in full by the end of June. I also had my TA speak with my WC at Sandals to see if they would allow the promo to be extended for me (what's 2 measly days?) but she was denied.

MrsDillner -

The 2010 package includes (for $1300):

10x10 or 12x12 digital photo album

8x8 digital photo album

40 photo thank you cards

2 photo magnets

2 photo calendars

CD of 210 digital negatives

My TA was told yesterday the package for 2011 will not include the magnets and calendars and will be $1500. But in the same conversation, the WC said the 2011 photo packages were not out yet. So who knows what to believe? I'm getting very frustrated with my so-called "wedding coordinator". censored.gif It's like pulling teeth to get a straight answer out of her sometimes.

But all you 2010 Sandals brides should jump on this package if you're not bringing your own photographer! The 210 digital negatives is what makes this package so great. It's something like $6 per picture, which is a heck of a deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs*j*2011 View Post
Josie - I knew someone else commented on that thread! I also saw the information on the Facebook Weddingmoons page. Leslie over there clarified it is for the remainder of 2010, the only stipulation is the package must be booked and paid in full by the end of June. I also had my TA speak with my WC at Sandals to see if they would allow the promo to be extended for me (what's 2 measly days?) but she was denied.
That's a shame they won't extend the promo for only 2 days! I wish I could get in on this, but unfortunately, I don't have the budget now to pay for package by the end of June sad.gif It's a great deal!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Yes I started that thread.

I also got an email from Sandals saying you can log on to the website and buy the photography packages online. I actually booked it through my TA and got the 210 pictures and all the extras for $1300. But if you go on the Sandals site to do it it's $1595.

If you want to book it that way just go on the website. Under the book now drop down menu it will say book local tours, click that. Then on the left hand side it says book wedding album packages. There are 3 packages you can pick. You can also book free portrait sessions.

To the bride that's getting married next year. I was just online messing with it and it will allow you to purchase this package for next year.

Well who would think to check under "book local tour" to find the photography packages?? Thanks for the heads up! I'm finding all sorts of informative stuff under that category!

I am the 2011 bride and I actually got a voicemail from my WC this afternoon telling me they would honor the promo price on the photography package as long as I book and pay in full by this Wednesday. I will have to thank my TA tomorrow, whatever she did must have worked because they were not making any exceptions at all when we asked a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs*j*2011 View Post
I am the 2011 bride and I actually got a voicemail from my WC this afternoon telling me they would honor the promo price on the photography package as long as I book and pay in full by this Wednesday. I will have to thank my TA tomorrow, whatever she did must have worked because they were not making any exceptions at all when we asked a few weeks ago.
That's great news! So glad you are able to get in on the deal :)

• 4 weeks later...

When booking photographer, check in your hometown or somewhere close by. Sometimes local photographers are willing to do your photos for just the cost of travel and stay. Which, in somecases, maybe cheaper than the destination photographer. Plus the local photographer will give you more of their time.

Just a quick shout out: check out brendamurphyphotography.com

She's one of my locals and I love her work.