Photo

List of College Spring Break Dates??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AnnCam2011

AnnCam2011
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

Does anyone know if there is a list online of all spring break dates for 2011? We are trying to plan a March 2011 wedding in Mexico, but don't want to run into all the college spring-breakers. We are thinking early March to try and avoid it all, and googled to see if a list was out there. I came up with nothing - has anyone else successfully found such a list?

#2 katelynn

katelynn
    • 414 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

I go to University in Canada and its usually the 3rd week in February if thats any help, I am not sure about the USA though.
      Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#3 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

They typically vary and can be almost any week in March. I think if you do the last week in March though you should probably avoid the most of it.
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4 JanineA

JanineA
        • 2,482 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

I think you will find it varies widely depending on the college. Upenn's Spring Break 2011 is March 5-13, Univeristy of Michigan is March 7-11, Univeristy of Miami March 12-20. As you can see it is staggered but typically in the US colleges are on spring break anytime from late February through the end of April. Hope that helps...somewhat.

#5 Beach0327

Beach0327
          • 31 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

When I was in school our spring break was always the first week of March. We are planning a March wedding too, and I was also concerned about this. I remember some of the things I saw in college and can't imagine them adding any romance to a wedding. When we were speaking with a travel agent I asked her about this and she said that as long as you were at a nicer resort it wasn't such a problem. We were talking about Moon Palace and Iberostar in Riviera Maya. I also know that some resorts have a "No Spring-Breakers" policy, but I'm not sure how this is regulated. Once you pick a resort I would look for reviews from last year to see what other people had to say. Good luck :)

#6 EmmaGaussoin

EmmaGaussoin
            • 203 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:52 PM

Like everyone has said it definitely varies. My spring break was the last week of february/first week of March. But I know that other universities are all during March. Good luck and try to find a nice quiet resort away from night clubs to avoid it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users