Sign in to follow this  
AnnCam2011

List of College Spring Break Dates??

Does anyone know if there is a list online of all spring break dates for 2011? We are trying to plan a March 2011 wedding in Mexico, but don't want to run into all the college spring-breakers. We are thinking early March to try and avoid it all, and googled to see if a list was out there. I came up with nothing - has anyone else successfully found such a list?

They typically vary and can be almost any week in March. I think if you do the last week in March though you should probably avoid the most of it.

I think you will find it varies widely depending on the college. Upenn's Spring Break 2011 is March 5-13, Univeristy of Michigan is March 7-11, Univeristy of Miami March 12-20. As you can see it is staggered but typically in the US colleges are on spring break anytime from late February through the end of April. Hope that helps...somewhat.

When I was in school our spring break was always the first week of March. We are planning a March wedding too, and I was also concerned about this. I remember some of the things I saw in college and can't imagine them adding any romance to a wedding. When we were speaking with a travel agent I asked her about this and she said that as long as you were at a nicer resort it wasn't such a problem. We were talking about Moon Palace and Iberostar in Riviera Maya. I also know that some resorts have a "No Spring-Breakers" policy, but I'm not sure how this is regulated. Once you pick a resort I would look for reviews from last year to see what other people had to say. Good luck :)

Like everyone has said it definitely varies. My spring break was the last week of february/first week of March. But I know that other universities are all during March. Good luck and try to find a nice quiet resort away from night clubs to avoid it!