Dreams Riviera Cancun Newbie

AdrianaPhil61711

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post
Congratulations Adriana! I recently got engaged and have been looking at the Dreams resorts, but I don't know which one to go with. Would you mind sharing what made you choose Riviera Cancum?
I did TONS of research online before choosing Dreams Riviera Cancun. I number one wanted a higher rated resort. I wanted great food with premium liquor. I needed it to be a family friendly resort because some kids are coming to the wedding. I also did not want to be in downtown "party" area of Cancun... but I didn't want to be an hour away from the airport more toward Riveria Maya.

SOOOOO.... After lots and lots of looking I found Dreams Riviera Cancun! DRC has everything I'm looking for.

I've heard almost nothing bad about the food or restaurants (another big plus for me was all the ala cart restaurant choices vs. a big buffet with one or two ala cart). I've heard soooo many good things about their food. Another thing was the alcohol... a lot of all inclusives don't have or keep in plentiful stock of premium liquor, which DRC does. Also, DRC has mult beer choices which other all inclusives with have only one or two brands.

The rooms look incredible and I read so many great reviews about the rooms. I loved the style and decor of everything...the lobby, the pool areas, the restaurants and the rooms.

Plus it's only 20 mins or so from Cancun Airport and it's not in the "Party Zone" but close enough that if any guests really wanted to go they could.

The wedding packages was also another big thing. I looked into Iberostar and Azul pretty closely too but their wedding packages were no where near what Dreams offers for the price. Dreams comes with everything if you get the Love or Ultimate.... hair, makeup, photos, video, flowers, cake, mexican trio, a cocktail hour with horderves (sp?) plus a dinner reception (food included) for 20 guests and then anything additional you'd pay for per person. None of the other resorts had a cocktail hour let alone a full meal...most other resorts had cake and champagne toast. Dreams you definately get the most for your money! Plus the resort is absolutely beautiful and brand new!

I'm sooo excited and I know I chose a great resort. DRC was the perfect pick for my FI and I and the vision we had for our wedding. I hope this helps and good luck hunting for your resort that holds your vision! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post
Congratulations Adriana! I recently got engaged and have been looking at the Dreams resorts, but I don't know which one to go with. Would you mind sharing what made you choose Riviera Cancum?
Adriana is so right on the money. DRC is a top notch resort that offer premium liquor. Its only 20 mins from the airport. Its also a brand new resort and its wedding packages are comparable to the other resorts in the area. We visited Dreams last month and experienced it for ourselves. The food is excellent and the service was great. We saw 3 weddings while we were there and met with several brides. Each ceremony was beautiful and everyone was very happy with the wedding coordinator Ana.

Adriana - Thanks so much for your reply. I am really impressed with the Dreams packages as well. At first I looked at the RIU packages and was happy - but then I saw the Dreams package and it blew RIU away. I think my fiance and I are going to have a tough time picking between the 4 resorts in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area. Each of them has pluses and minuses based on location of the resort and wedding/reception locations on the resort. I think one of the top factors for me will be a wedding ceremony site that is a bit more private (like the Cancun or Puerto Aventuras gazebos). I am definitely glad to hear that you are impressed with the food/alcohol/room decor as well. I thought all of that was fantastic for a resort that seems quite affordable for guests.

Courtney

We just went for a site-visit in May, we are getting married November 27, 2010

Ana and her assistant were amazing from what we could see. The resort was truly a dream come true. We went Memorial Day weekend and it was almost at full capacity and we would never have known. The service was incredible and the guests were all so friendly. We did meet 2 families that had switched from Dreams Cancun because of the rowdiness. Dreams Riviera is brand new so of course it is up to date and simply georgeous. It is not a big resort which we loved we could get from A to B fast and we often ran into the new friends we had made. Now that we are home, we have remained in contact with the couples we met (gotta love facebook) We are so excited to go back to heaven and I can officially be Mrs. Judy Francis