Review of Duane Peck photographer at our wedding - Majestic Colonial

Our wedding was on March 2, 2010 at the Majestic Colonial. It was a beautiful day despite the previous days and days after which it rained! Duane Peck was our photographer and he took great pictures of the wedding. You can see the blog posting here!

Duane Peck Photography DigitalStudios.org: Married in the DR!

Duane's unique style of shooting and professional attitude was what we received on our destination wedding at Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. From the long layover on his plane ride all the way from California, Duane's lack of sleep and jet-lag did NOT compromise his professionalism one bit! My wife and I were really impressed by his energy and motivation to take the photos for us!

Our day started out with the separate photos of us getting ready, groom then bride. Lots of details were taken into account with lighting and lens/settings. As a photographer myself, I know it's important to shoot with manual settings and adjustments every shot since the lighting can change with any angle. He did just that! Every shot was checked on the settings with aperture/shutter speed and focal length.

For the ceremony, he got the crucial and most memorable moments but not getting into anyone's way! We never even really noticed him there at all! All the family and group photos were excellent as well, taken in both cloud cover lighting and direct sunlight.

The following formal photos and reception photos were again excellent with taking attention to what we'd want but also his suggestion of his usual photo cycle. ISO was kept to a minimum as to not create too much noise, which was absolutely great! Even though the D3 and D700 can take up to 6400ISO without issues, he never went above 2500 ISO!

For the "trash the dress" shoot, we shot outside of the resort and with the grungy places we went, he made them into awesome photos that you would find in museums and resort brochures! Cool poses and backgrounds with the local people made the pictures extremely unique!

The most important part that Duane did for us was the fact that he included the original .NEF files and also his adjustments made, using Lightroom catalog. This is what makes or breaks a photographer. With the availability of the original .NEF files, we were able to create our own effects and export/re-size photos without quality degradation and send them off to a professional printing company with excellent results! Without Duane's Lightroom catalog, our prints wouldn't have turned out so great!!

Without a doubt if anyone asks us which wedding photographer we would recommend, we won't hesitate for a second to mention Duane Peck. He made our wedding into a memorable photo package which we can look back anytime for the rest of time together!

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics