Photo

Honeymoon help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

Hey guys, I have no idea what I want for our honeymoon. I know I want to leave Jamaica and go somewhere but no idea where. I thought about St. Tropez, France, then realized the beaches will still be chilly in March. I'm open to any suggestions within 10 hrs flying time of America...

#2 JanineA

JanineA
    • 2,482 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

St. Tropez will definitely still be chilly. Did think about staying within the Caribbean or did you want to go clear across the globe in a different direction (we are marrying in Turks and Caicos but honeymooning in the French Polynesian Islands) if so there is Hawaii, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives (actually the last two may be over 10hrs flight). If you stay in the Caribbean well there is so much to choose from: St. Lucia is one of my favs, Barbados, Antigua, St. Barts, Nevis, Anguilla, St. Marten and oh of course my homeland....sweet T&T...Trinidad and Tobago (though Tobago is way way better for honeymooning than Trinidad). What activities were you looking to do?

#3 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
      • 282 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

Well, i definitely want a spa, I can't swim so snorkeling is not important lol. I kind of want somewhere exotic like the rainforest, i looked into belize but FI is not impressed lol. I like the Maldives and Bora Bora but they are too far, I don't want to spend half my honeymoon in the air lol. I kinda want to leave the Caribbean but in order for the weather to be good and within 10 hrs, i think i might be stuck. I might look into St. Barts didn't think of that one. Thanks!

#4 JanineA

JanineA
        • 2,482 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

I would say if spa and relaxing and rainforest is your thing look into Costa Rica!!!
          Hotel Punta Islita Luxury Beach Resort and Villas, Guanacaste, Costa Rica you can't go wrong with a relaxing vacation and the ability to still do nature excursions into the rainforest or spend everywaking minute by the pool or spa it up.
          Belize is very beautiful and does have alot to offer in terms of rainforest and spa. If you stay in the Caribbean definitely check into St. Bart though I must warn you that it will be very very quiet in March. Or like I said St. Lucia is such a great mix of all worlds, you have the Pitons, you have beautiful beaches and wonderful spa retreat resorts on the island.
          www.ansechastanet.com or www.jademountain.com

#5 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

We will actually be staying in Jamaica but switching to another more low key couples only resort. I'm very excited.
            http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
            ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#6 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
            • 282 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

Thanks! I've been to Jamaica so many times (Family) it doesn't feel like a vacation to me, I'm gonna look into that resort in Costa Rica, I think FI will go for that.

#7 JanineA

JanineA
              • 2,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

Good luck let me know what you decide to go with. I think from what you told me that is the perfect mix of all the things you're looking for......and it helps that it is just down right gorg!!!!

#8 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                • 282 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:00 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tennyt1
                  We will actually be staying in Jamaica but switching to another more low key couples only resort. I'm very excited.
                  I'm starting to change my mind and think JA might be the easiest thing to do, price wise and time wise, Where are you staying Tenny?

#9 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
                  • 283 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

MsSmithtobe: I have been to most of the Caribbean islands and love: St. Lucia, Antigua & Barbados!! Best of luck to you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users