Photo

Cleaning Makeup Brushes?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 AmandaSewi

AmandaSewi
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:43 AM

How do you clean makeup brushes after using grease makeup? I tried just water and paper towels but they seem to still have makeup all in the brushes... Any ideas?

#2 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

Hot water and dishwashing detergent or shampoo. Let them soak for a little while and them gently wash them. That should get the makeup off.

#3 Cindy*

Cindy*
      • 2,655 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

Both Mac and Ulta sell a really good brush cleaner. Comes in a spray bottle, you sray the brushes and then wipe them off on tissue. You will see all the makeup come out. I usually clean mine in the evening and by morning they are dry and good as new.

#4 KarenM

KarenM
        • 1,920 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

Not sure about grease make-up (?) but I just use face wash to clean mine, then blot water off w/ a towel & let them dry overnight.

#5 rosieposie

rosieposie
          • 649 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

if a brush has been used for foundation or concealer, I like to put the shampoo into a cup with some water (about an inch full" and dip the brush in and swirl it arouund. usually gets things out pretty well.

i use baby shampoo on mine, and condiiton them with my regular hair conditioner on them once a month (makes them really soft).

lay flat to dry. standing them upright to dry can cause the adhesive holding the hairs together to loosen or breakdown.

#6 MysTea

MysTea
            • 559 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

Warm water and Liquid soap. (like dial) blot dry on paper towel and leave to dry...U may have to repeat as Nes.
              **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

#7 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
              • 914 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

Sephora makes a really good brush cleaner as well. I clean them at night, and they're good to go in the morning.

#8 pinayflava

pinayflava
                • 193 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

i use the MAC brush cleanser (pink liquid in a bottle) about $12 CDN and it works great on foundation brushes, eye shadow brushes, lip liner brushes, blush brushes... :)

#9 antz21

antz21
                  • 14 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:28 AM

I always use a little bit of shampoo and warm water, lather, rinse and repeat as necessary!

#10 wendyjd

wendyjd
                    • 968 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:32 AM

I use MAC brush cleaner. its great, and not too pricey!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users