Photo

Over-the-Counter Diet/Weight Loss Pills

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 B&G

B&G
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

They're seriously just not worth it. And whatever you do, avoid Alli at all costs.
    Brooke and Gen

http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#12 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by B&G
      They're seriously just not worth it. And whatever you do, avoid Alli at all costs.
      omg, I have heard such bad things about that Alli!!

#13 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:08 PM

Just went to the doc today to get back on my birth control ... and she gave me another 2 months of Adipex to help me get down to where I want to be. So YEAH! No worrying about the OTC pills. The Adipex, combined with a good exercise program, helped me drop almsot 20 lbs earlier this year.

#14 B&G

B&G
        • 79 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by beachbride
          omg, I have heard such bad things about that Alli!!
          Alli makes you poop your pants. No joke. Although I've not taken it myself and therefore didn't have to experience it's horrid side-effect profile, I spent a good amount of time researching the pill and writing an entire review for it's potential users. I won't even begin to go into it, but let's just say that it's not a pretty visual. LOL.
          Brooke and Gen

Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#15 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by B&G
            Alli makes you poop your pants. No joke. Although I've not taken it myself and therefore didn't have to experience it's horrid side-effect profile, I spent a good amount of time researching the pill and writing an entire review for it's potential users. I won't even begin to go into it, but let's just say that it's not a pretty visual. LOL.
            yeah, I was getting at that lol, one review that I read said something like "you aill have to wear an adult diaper because you will not be able to control yourself" eww.....

#16 B&G

B&G
            • 79 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by beachbride
              yeah, I was getting at that lol, one review that I read said something like "you aill have to wear an adult diaper because you will not be able to control yourself" eww.....
              Yeah, that would definitely be a solution if someone were having problems with the pill! GROSS.

Imagine attempting to have your final dress fitting while wearing a huge adult diaper? That wouldn't work so well!

Brooke and Gen

#17 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by B&G
                Yeah, that would definitely be a solution if someone were having problems with the pill! GROSS.

Imagine attempting to have your final dress fitting while wearing a huge adult diaper? That wouldn't work so well!

lol, bad mental picture!!

#18 Wisco4

Wisco4
                • 666 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

Please stay clear of these diet pills!! I took Hydroxycut about 6 years ago and wound up in the ER with a heart spasm. I still have a murmur to this day from it. A coworker of mine also ended up in the ER from taking something similar.
                  They are very dangerous and not in any way healthy. I know it seems like a good idea to drop weight quickly but not if it means putting yourself in danger.

~Amanda

#19 Wisco4

Wisco4
                  • 666 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

I'd also like to add that I never took more than I should, in fact I would often cut back on the dosage because I hated how it made me feel.
                    ~Amanda

#20 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

I have taken some pills in the past too, but never for long enough for anything to work, it made me so jittery, and it felt like my heart was pounding out of my chest!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users