Photo

How getting wedding stuff to resort?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 loua4

loua4
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

Great post! Thanks so much. i didnt even think of this yet.

#12 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
    • 282 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

i thought about bringing one of my trunks from college, I have 10 bubble ball vases to bring with me very fragile, but how in the world can i do that as a carry on. I was planning on wrapping them in bubble wrap and clothes in the trunk and hoping I can check them. You think that's safe?

#13 spicytuna

spicytuna
      • 82 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

this is a great thread. i have no idea how to get all our decorations and DIY projects down to mexico. i am guessing we'll be paying some airline fees. yikes!

#14 pilapila

pilapila
        • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

I plan to buy stuff (maps, snacks, water, bug spray) at the destination for the OOT gift bags. then just add a personalized label on each. I think it may be worth the extra cost not having to carry everything on the plane or going over my luggage weight.

#15 lsjhik

lsjhik
          • 157 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:07 PM

We're lucky enough to be driving over.

#16 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
            • 355 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:39 AM

I'm not planning to bring very much down with me in the way of decorations, I figure the setting is decor enough :) For the stuff we are bringing (OOT bags & contents mostly), we'll either bring an extra bag or *kindly* ask my parents to take some of our stuff with them :)
              Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#17 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
              • 218 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

I'd planned on shipping it at first, canada post says it can take up to 2 months to get there but since I have most of my diy stuff ready ahead of time I thought it'd be easiest that way...but my mom seems to think this would be a bad idea in case or corruption.  So the plan is to use people's second suitcase for our decorations and oot bags.  Between my cousins and us we have 5 kids and their clothes won't take any more than one suitcase so that should be plenty of extra space.  I hope!

#18 msglave

msglave
                • 933 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

I don't know how safe that sounds. 

i thought about bringing one of my trunks from college, I have 10 bubble ball vases to bring with me very fragile, but how in the world can i do that as a carry on. I was planning on wrapping them in bubble wrap and clothes in the trunk and hoping I can check them. You think that's safe?

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                  Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                  www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#19 Bride Loving CJ

Bride Loving CJ
                  • 278 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

Wow, I really needed to read this thread. It had not dawned on me that I might not be able to get all my stuff down there. I hope the flight attendents see the dress and are nice when I carry it on with a big, bulky carry on. I know I'm going to. Be stumbin all over the place...... {sigh}..... 73 more days!!

#20 Sheree10

Sheree10
                    • 1,026 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

I had a huge duffel bag and suitcase filled with wedding stuff... didn't know I had so much and I kept it simple!! I had my MIL bring one and brought the other with me. No problem with the dress.. the flight attendant placed my garment bag in first class closet.

http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users