Today is just not my day

JanineA

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendy, your FI is freaking hilarious!! has a point though... wink.gif

Awww Janine I'm sorry for all of this stress. Not something you expect to happen!! But I'm happy that you took the steps you could, and everything will work out for the best. It has to! (that's what I always tell myself!) I myself, had to choose between TTD and BD. I chose TTD (obviously since I've been talking about it on other threads!) but I plan on doing a BD shoot for our 1st anniversary. I also should look into doing a shared photog, now that I will be living in a bigger city.....

Janine, I hope your day got better! And I really hope they find your invitations or at least get more out to you ASAP!! How frustrating!

I agree with the other girls, the BD you can do any time (anniversaries, valentine's day, bday's, etc), but the TTD is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for both of you!

But, if you really want to try to get both in I have a recommendation for BD in NY (in Queens). Jen at Jenerations (Beautiful and Affordable Photography) is absolutely amazing and not all that pricey. Lots of girls have used her on the forum and everyone has had an equally wonderful experience. I would contact her to find out if she has any marathons coming up.

Good luck!

Thank you ladies for all the support. Today I forced myself to wake up on the sunny side. My invitations still have not popped up but I contacted the company and Alexandra told me if they don't get them back by Monday she will send out another set overnight (this way I get it faster and there should be no .....hopefully...mishaps). As for the BD and TTD I think that once FI and I sit tonight I will make my case for both (I still have to try) but I know him and in the end we will probably only do the TTD. I really can do the BD at another time....like for our 1 year anniversary. KarenM thanks for that link I am going to check into that photographer and I've also written Critsey Rowe from on this site to see what her availability and such are. Thanks again ladies for all the support. I will keep you posted.

I agree with Aisha too about the TTD. The TTD is definitely once in a lifetime, but the BD you can always do later on. I think doing the BD as a one year anniversary present would be awesome and you know your FI is going to love the pics, whether he gets them before the wedding or as a gift later on. All the stress sucks and I'm sorry about your invites, but you still have time...take a few deep breaths and just know that everything will work out in the end :)

Way to stay positive Janine! Def look into Karen's photog - her pics turned out awesome. And the post office is just really random unless you pay $$$ to get stuff shipped express. People wonder why brides get all zilla, but they don't see the crazy stuff that other people and vendors put us through! I am so happy to hear that your inviation company is helping you out. Things will get better!

PS I checked out your super cute blog and just love it :)

Hi janine,

i sorry too your having a sucky time, hopefully the invites will show up asap!! :S

As for the BD shoot I agree with the other ladies before me, you can do it at another time!

sending u hugs and strength, your rants are welcome here, we all have them god I have had a few so far!! ha!

Jodie.xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
Way to stay positive Janine! Def look into Karen's photog - her pics turned out awesome. And the post office is just really random unless you pay $$$ to get stuff shipped express. People wonder why brides get all zilla, but they don't see the crazy stuff that other people and vendors put us through! I am so happy to hear that your inviation company is helping you out. Things will get better!

PS I checked out your super cute blog and just love it :)
Thanks Autjo...I haven't been keeping up with my blog as I should. I need to post pics of my other DIYs. I know what you mean when I was explaining to the lady at the post office that these were my invitations we were talking about she just looked at me like "who cares". Her supervisor was a lot more understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieP View Post
Hi janine,

i sorry too your having a sucky time, hopefully the invites will show up asap!! :S

As for the BD shoot I agree with the other ladies before me, you can do it at another time!

sending u hugs and strength, your rants are welcome here, we all have them god I have had a few so far!! ha!

Jodie.xx
Awwwww thanks so much for the hugs and strength Jodie. I have been really focusing on relaxing. I was beginning to get to high strung and aggitated over both issues that I was being just a pain to FI and he is a great guy he doesn't deserve it. So I am calm now and chill. All things will work out the way they should.....

I'm sorry you're having so many problems getting your invitations. It is great that the company is working with you, so I hope you are able to get it sorted soon.

As for the BD vs TTD, I would go with the TTD. Like someone said above, you can always do a BD shoot for an anniversary later on!