So my hubby2b wants a gazebo overlooking the ocean and I'm having a hard time with our requirements (one being that it has to be at a resort that allows minors as my youngest sibling will be only 17 when time rolls around)

so by being a "lurker" and searching on the forum (what a great forum, I must add) I decided to compile a list with pictures. If there is any information that isn't correct, please notify as I will keep editing. and if there's anything I am missing, if you could be so kind! Just want to make an Gazebo thread so I can share all the information I found to make others' lives easier when searching. All these images are hotlinked so we'll see who lets us use their bandwidth...

Gran Bahia Principe (Tulum?)

Click the image to open in full size.

Royal Playa del Carmen (adult only resort)

Aventuras Spa Palace (adult only resort next door to Aventuras Cove Palace)

Aventuras Cove Palace

Moon Palace

Barcelo Maya Palace

-middle of resort

-not ocean view (?)

-not private

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter was just married at Aventura Spa and used the Aventura Cove Gazebo, called Coba. It has been updated and made more beautiful now than the older photo you have posted. The Cove would be a great choice for you ,since it allows families and all of the adults can also use adults only Aventura Spa Palace. Here are some of my daughters photos. You can see what the Cove Gazebo looks like now:

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA

Also, if you give me your email, I can send you lots of photos of the wedding gazebos at both Aventura Spa and Aventura Cove. The both have been updated and look differant than what you have posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieswedding View Post
My daughter was just married at Aventura Spa and used the Aventura Cove Gazebo, called Coba. It has been updated and made more beautiful now than the older photo you have posted. The Cove would be a great choice for you ,since it allows families and all of the adults can also use adults only Aventura Spa Palace. Here are some of my daughters photos. You can see what the Cove Gazebo looks like now:
Shutterfly | View share

Also, if you give me your email, I can send you lots of photos of the wedding gazebos at both Aventura Spa and Aventura Cove. The both have been updated and look differant than what you have posted.
Thanks for the info! I guess that makes sense why I couldn't find pictures of one but yet the other. Here I thought they had two different ones, one for each resort. I'll PM you my email here, and thanks a bunch!

I'm actually looking at ACP/ASP for the same reason you said, adults can choose between the two and there's a family option. I sent off an email to my travel agent to see what she could do for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by simba1234 View Post
Are you looking for all-inclusive resorts only?
Well, I'm looking for all inclusive. But do you have any other options? I'm willing to look at anything - so if you've got any suggestions, by all means - and it'll be helpful for other Gazebo-hunters in the future

I'm biased but I love the Grand Bahia Principe Tulum gazebo! You can stay at any of the three GBP resorts (Coba, Tulum or Akumel) and get married at the gazebo. It's right on the beach without being in the sand, it's off the beaten path so you don't get too many lurkers, and you get an amazing breeze off the ocean.

I will email you the photos of the Aventura Spa and Aventura Cove Gazebos this evening. Each side does have a gazebo, both are beautiful. If you use the one on the Spa side you can not have any guests under 18, but at the Cove side you can. You can stay on the adult side and still use the cove side gazebo if you choose to. It comes out beautifully in the photos an d videos, just like you are sitting on the water!!!!!!!!!!!!