Ottawa Newbie here!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Lindsay in love

Lindsay in love
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hi Ladies (and man brides ;-) )

I'm new to this forum and was interested to see women from all areas of the world discussing their experience in planning a destination wedding. My experience so far has been pretty good but also confusing and a tad stressful. When you are planning a trip on behalf of 40+ people, quick decisions are tough and it's hard to remember it's about you when you are taking so many other people, genders, age ranges etc. into consideration.

My hopeful plan is to host my wedding at the Azul beach hotel in the Mayan Riviera but due to some upcoming renovations scheduled I actually have to trim down my guestlist which is not an easy thing to do as I was conservative when I started making it!

So, I hope as things progress I'll be able to discuss and share my stories (good and bad) with the rest of you ladies, who I know will relate and probably share some stories of your own that will make mine not seem so bad! LOL

We're all here to relate to eachother's joy, misery, stress and happiness during the biggest and best time of our lives.

Cheers to us ladies, we're all in this together!

#2 Nicyx

• 2,914 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

Hello, congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#3 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

Hi Linds, welcome to the forum and happy planning! Don't worry about getting help and info, you will definitely get it on this site. Congratulations
        BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#4 mexico102

• 300 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

#5 AmyandRich

• 344 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hi - - Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for sharing information... I found this forum invaluable when planning my wedding. Enjoy planning yours, and good luck!

#6 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. You're in the right place to get tips, info, help, suggestions, support and anything else you can possibly think of. The forum is a wonderful resource for planning a destination wedding. Good luck and happy planning!

#7 artistique

• Banned
              • 190 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

Welcome to the forum! Have fun planning!

#8 jodieP

• 278 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:51 PM

Congrats & welcome

24 Booked plus bride & groom

#9 SonyaR

• 299 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:45 AM

Hello fellow Ottawa bride. Yes, planning for 40+ people is stressful and I'm in the same situation. I keep telling myself those who can make it great and if not that is OK too and everything will be fine.

Looking forward to hearing and sharing planning stories.

#10 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!! This is truly one of the best resources I've found for DW planning. I'm sure you'll find tips/advice on anything you are looking for!!

Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users