best HOTEL for guests trying to avoid BIG hotels

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 friction

friction
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

hey all....

we're getting hitched in january and it seems like alot of large houses/villas i was hoping family and friends could get together and rent are already booked.

so now i'm searching for a cool, out of the way (the wedding is in Nuevo Vallarta and we are most likely staying in Bucerias) hotel to reserve some rooms at. mostly everyone doesn't want to be stuck in some HUGE sprawling resort fighting for a beach chair, so if you know of a cool place on the north side that isn't boutique-y and terribly expensive, i'm all ears.

cheers!

R

#2 PVBride

PVBride
    • 443 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

I was looking for a smaller, intimate resort as well. I found Playa Fiesta Hotel and Beachclub and could not be happier with our choice! We are getting married there in February. Lindsay and Adam (the owners and WC) have been wonderful to work with so far. I am not sure how close it is to Nuevo Vallarta, though?? There was also an 18 room minimum block required for us, but we are having our wedding there. I'm not sure if the block is still required without having a wedding there? May be worth looking into...

Good Luck! Jackie

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:38 PM

I would also recommend Playa Fiesta if they have space available... Good luck!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 friction

friction
        • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

yeah, they are booked our week. they are on the south side too, we are on the north. thanx anyways!

#5 edna

edna
          • Site Supporter
          • 1,360 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:40 PM

I found the Playa del Sol Grand in Nuevo Vallarta is not that big and they have hotel rooms and 1 and 2 bedrooms suites with kitchenettes... and they offer also an AI if you want it, you can check it out.

Flamingos Beach Nuevo Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta Resorts : Playa Del Sol Grand

#6 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
            • 178 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

It's not on the north end of PV, it's more central but it was so absolutely amazing, I must recommend it. We went for dinner only, however, it is a boutique hotel with beautiful amenities:
              Hacienda San Angel - Puerto Vallarta hotel, Puerto Vallarta boutique hotel, Puerto Vallarta Bed and Breakfast

I must add that it's tricky to find, but once you get there, it's worth it!

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ChristinaH
                It's not on the north end of PV, it's more central but it was so absolutely amazing, I must recommend it. We went for dinner only, however, it is a boutique hotel with beautiful amenities:
                Hacienda San Angel - Puerto Vallarta hotel, Puerto Vallarta boutique hotel, Puerto Vallarta Bed and Breakfast

I must add that it's tricky to find, but once you get there, it's worth it!
                This hotel looks absolutely beautiful but very pricey... too bad, I would love to stay there!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

Ooooh, they do weddings too and have their own private chapel...

Puerto Vallarta Weddings - Wedding Ceremonies in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Love it! Very authentic and special :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#9 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
                  • 371 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:25 AM

I am staying and getting married at the Royal Decameron. I haven't been there yet so I can't say it is super good but for a week there it only cost us about 600 to 700 each to get there with flight and everyting.. it is an AI too. the wedding is cheap too.

HTH

#10 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,680 posts
                    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                    • LocationUtah

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:33 AM

I went on the grounds at Samba and it's a smaller resort in Nuevo Vallarta. It's really taken care of and it didn't look as busy as the Rius (which we stayed at).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users