Sign in to follow this  
lexibride

BD shoot - would you let a man shoot your pics....

I would be more confortable with a woman photographer! I also think that a woman photographer's point of view would be different than a man photographer... I bet their shots would be different.

I wouldn’t be comfortable posing for those type of pictures with a male photographer. And I am not sure my FI would like it either.

I would be fine either way. Photographers are professionals and would act accordingly. My first choice BD photog was a man. He takes amazing BD pics, IMO. He's on BDW actually. I was all set to book him and make the 3 hour drive but at the last minute I found someone locally. It turned out she was a woman but for me it wouldn't have mattered. I can see why it would bother some women, but for me it's about the quality of the pictures and not the sex of the person taking them.

At first, I thought there is no way I would use a male photographer. However, I have seen some really amazing photos from some other brides in my area and was shocked to learn that they used a male photgrapher. His prices are really good, even better than what my photographer for our engagement and wedding is offering me. I am now seriously thinking about using him too. I did initially think FI might not like it but then I found out the photographer prefers men so I don't think my FI will be bothered at all.

I've done a BD shoot with a man and it never bothered me. I think it's all about what you feel comfortable with. They're all professionals, and I never felt weird about it for a minute.

I had my BD pics done by a man anad they turned out amazing! He was super great and really encouraging! He was respectful when I was doing my changes and the hair and make-up girl was in the room along with his female assistant throughout the whole shoot. I was a little aprehensive but I think I would have been with a lady shooting as well! It's just not something you do all that often...here are a couple of the shoots he took...can't wait to give the book to him!!

Click the image to open in full size.

I think if you have a good photographer that does BD you will be fine with either, but it's what you are personally comfortable with. Also, I know my DH and I have very different opinions on what "sexy" is. A man might have a better male perspective...KWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
I think if you have a good photographer that does BD you will be fine with either, but it's what you are personally comfortable with. Also, I know my DH and I have very different opinions on what "sexy" is. A man might have a better male perspective...KWIM?
That is a really great point about the male perspective. People often make the argument that a woman would be better because they're more familiar with the female form, but you're right in that men know what men like!

It just comes down to being comfortable and getting the shots you want.