Photo

Message in a Bottle Invitations

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:38 PM

very nice - I would live to get an invite like that - the coconut smell would get me super excited for my vacation!
    Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
    http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#12 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:11 PM

very cute! great job!

#13 jenvh

jenvh
      • 135 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

Those are so cute.
        That is the kind of invitation I am planning on doing (we got the idea from a friend who had received one). I like the coconut oil touch.
        Where did you get the bottles and sand? Did Michaels or craft stores have them? I haven't had a chance to go shopping for the supplies yet.

..I also haven't picked a location yet so I think I have time.

#14 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

We actually got the bottles from a local home-brewing store (for people who make beer and wine). They were very inexpensive there - about $1/bottle. If you have someplace like that in your area, definitely check them out.

Otherwise, we found a few places online that sold the bottles...

Message in a Bottle - Specialty Bottle

Message in a Bottle Invitations Announcements Wholesale - Plastic Bottles and Glass Bottles with Corks and Mailing Boxes - eBottles

If you order online, make sure you order the bottle mailers. We ordered the 'shoebox' size USPS.com boxes (free) and they are too large. I think we may order small vial size bottles for our placecards, so I'm going to order the mailers.

Sand and shells were from the local craft store :)

#15 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

once mine are done i'll put pics up but i just ordered my bottles and boxes and a huge bag of shells from sand art. we're gonna get the sand from a gardening store (home depot maybe) b/c i think they have different kinds - beach sand and play sand. otherwise sand from michaels.

#16 robindepaula

robindepaula
            • Banned
            • 514 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:28 PM

Jenn - this is a very cute idea . . . your guest are going to love them. It's something that most people have probably never received before.

Robin

#17 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:30 PM

I actually had ordered all the stuff to do these and the day I got my shipment, I received a message in the bottle invitation for a 30th birthday party!!!! there went that idea, since all our friends had already seen it and I returned all the stuff...

#18 Jenn

Jenn
                • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by robindepaula
                  Jenn - this is a very cute idea . . . your guest are going to love them. It's something that most people have probably never received before.

Robin
                  Thanks Robin!

Quote:
                  I actually had ordered all the stuff to do these and the day I got my shipment, I received a message in the bottle invitation for a 30th birthday party!!!! there went that idea, since all our friends had already seen it and I returned all the stuff...
                  Sorry to hear that! I think they are such a great idea for a DW. I'd never heard of doing something like this until I started searching invites... your starfish invites are going to look awesome though! I can't wait to see them!

#19 lopey99

lopey99
                  • 159 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

stunning!

#20 coyotekiss1

coyotekiss1
                    • 58 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

love it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users