Photo

who paid for HIS ring?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
  • 946 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

We paid for both out of the wedding budget.....I had already bought him a Mac laptop for his engagement present.

#22 2Blessed2Stress

2Blessed2Stress
    • 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
      We paid for both out of the wedding budget.....I had already bought him a Mac laptop for his engagement present.
      See, that's fair. You get a nice ring....he gets a nice laptop. My girl should read this post, lol.

#23 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
      • 2,727 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

We have not gotten to purchasing our rings yet, but I will definitely be paying for his ring and both of my bands will come out of our wedding budget since he paid for my e-ring
        He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
        My Planning Thread

#24 MysTea

MysTea
        • 559 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

I paid for His, he picked it out but thank GOD it was cheaper...MUCH.
          **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

#25 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
          • 946 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by 2Blessed2Stress
            See, that's fair. You get a nice ring....he gets a nice laptop. My girl should read this post, lol.
            lol, You know, it really is fair.....I got the idea from a friend of his who's wife had bought him a tv for his "engagement" gift.

#26 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

I'm paying for his ring...he thinks he's paying for it but I've already planned on just going to pick it up and pay for it when he's not with me. He's already picked out what he wants.
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#27 2Blessed2Stress

2Blessed2Stress
              • 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:30 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by vlynnw
                I'm paying for his ring...he thinks he's paying for it but I've already planned on just going to pick it up and pay for it when he's not with me. He's already picked out what he wants.
                Great surprise. I hope he appreciates it.

#28 2Blessed2Stress

2Blessed2Stress
                • 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:32 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
                  lol, You know, it really is fair.....I got the idea from a friend of his who's wife had bought him a tv for his "engagement" gift.
                  I like that. If my girl wasn't broke and in school, I might've enforced that idea, lol. I'll casually bring it up when she has some financial freedom to make the gesture.

#29 teshy1

teshy1
                  • 162 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:08 AM

We'd lived together for awhile when we got engaged, so we considered our incomes/investments to be "ours"....so e-ring and wedding bands were paid for from joint money.
                    If we'd still lived separately or considered our incomes to be separate, I think that I would've paid for my fiance's wedding band.

#30 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

I paid for his ring :)...

If budget is a concern I was at a wedding with some friends this past weekend and many of the married couples were commenting on how cheap their husbands rings were. Some picked Titanium rings(no more than $100 bucks) others went to flee markets etc. Purchasing them both out of the wedding budget is also a great idea :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users