Sign in to follow this  
twinkletoes

Riu Brides - Can you imagine this happening on your wedding day????

I read a couple of reviews on TripAdvisor this morning about the Riu. Seems like last week and earlier this week, there were a couple of problems at the resort. I would be beyond pissed if this was to happen while I was there. I wonder if the guests will be compensated in any way?

Lets just hope this problems are fixed asap!

Check it out:

Ocho Rios: Riu Ocho Rios - Traveler Reviews - ku de'ta at the riu - TripAdvisor

I did read that on trip advisor forums - for that week the AC was out, etc....sounds like a bad week at the ROR. sad.gif fingers crossed that they've learned from their mistakes!!!

What a nightmare!! Obviously this wasn't my experience because I loved it there, but stuff happens. All you can do is cross your fingers and hope it doesn't happen during your stay.

We stayed at a hotel in PV once where the AC was broken so I called the front desk and they told me it "takes a break" 3 days out of the month. Lucky us, it was 3 of the 4 days we were there :o(

Crossing fingers for all our Riu Ochi brides....the tropics are miserable with no AC.

I know, I read those too, I'm praying that doesn't happen to us! At least I know that you were there and had a good time, so that makes me feel better.

we were in Ocho Rios that week and they transfered everyone to another hotel and gave everyone a free stay according to some people we sat next to on the airplane. They said the staff was great and they had nothing but nice things to say about their trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
we were in Ocho Rios that week and they transfered everyone to another hotel and gave everyone a free stay according to some people we sat next to on the airplane. They said the staff was great and they had nothing but nice things to say about their trip.
that is great to hear!!! how was your Jamaica honeymoonhuh.gif

wonderful, I will write reviews next week...I have been super busy and just trying to get back into the swing of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
wonderful, I will write reviews next week...I have been super busy and just trying to get back into the swing of life.
sounds great! congrats again on your wedding!!!! rolleyes.gif