Photo

Riu Brides - Can you imagine this happening on your wedding day????

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

I read a couple of reviews on TripAdvisor this morning about the Riu. Seems like last week and earlier this week, there were a couple of problems at the resort. I would be beyond pissed if this was to happen while I was there. I wonder if the guests will be compensated in any way?

Lets just hope this problems are fixed asap!

Check it out:

Ocho Rios: Riu Ocho Rios - Traveler Reviews - ku de'ta at the riu - TripAdvisor
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#2 Heidi

Heidi
    • 2,642 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:57 AM

I did read that on trip advisor forums - for that week the AC was out, etc....sounds like a bad week at the ROR. fingers crossed that they've learned from their mistakes!!!
      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

What a nightmare!! Obviously this wasn't my experience because I loved it there, but stuff happens. All you can do is cross your fingers and hope it doesn't happen during your stay.

We stayed at a hotel in PV once where the AC was broken so I called the front desk and they told me it "takes a break" 3 days out of the month. Lucky us, it was 3 of the 4 days we were there :o(

Crossing fingers for all our Riu Ochi brides....the tropics are miserable with no AC.

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

I know, I read those too, I'm praying that doesn't happen to us! At least I know that you were there and had a good time, so that makes me feel better.

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

we were in Ocho Rios that week and they transfered everyone to another hotel and gave everyone a free stay according to some people we sat next to on the airplane. They said the staff was great and they had nothing but nice things to say about their trip.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 Heidi

Heidi
          • 2,642 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Christine
            we were in Ocho Rios that week and they transfered everyone to another hotel and gave everyone a free stay according to some people we sat next to on the airplane. They said the staff was great and they had nothing but nice things to say about their trip.
            that is great to hear!!! how was your Jamaica honeymoon

#7 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:41 AM

wonderful, I will write reviews next week...I have been super busy and just trying to get back into the swing of life.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Christine
              wonderful, I will write reviews next week...I have been super busy and just trying to get back into the swing of life.
              sounds great! congrats again on your wedding!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users