Bahia Principe in Punta cana - April 2011

We got the Blissful love package...I've been told by others don't upgrade to the Unforgettable because you don't really get too much more for your money. The special surprises didn't really happen and the spa discounts is not on hair or makeup. Have you been talking with Ana? She's great to communicate with...we chose the Gazebo (the white concrete one), sashes are included at that location.

Any other questions...don't hesitate to ask!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ladies!!! I will be getting married in 9 days!!!! @ the Gran Bahia of course. Ana has been a great help but a quick FYI!! REgarding photography. It has been made to my knowledge that The resort is now charging 500$US for using an outside photographer plus the 75$ guest fee. I confirmed that with Ana. I spoke to Michael Weiler to try to get his services but he advised me that he will not be doing photos there because the surcharge was ridiculously high!! I spoke to other photographers and they agreed. It just to happened that the volume of weddings was increasing and the photographers on the resort ARRECIFE studios was not getting much business since the brides were going with michael, or phil, or even HDC photos. So consequently they enlisted a surcharge. Trust me even if you say their a guest it wont fly. They will charge u in the end : ( so i have to use the resort photographer. I will post a very detailed review when I come back with me luck!!!!

hey everyone!

i am getting married at the bahia on july 8 2011.

ana has been a great help for me as well!

one of my friends is a photographer and she is coming down for our wedding. if you are getting married during the week of july 3-9 i can ask her if she would feel up to "working" on her vacation.

quick question in regards to the last post.....what is this surcharge for photography? do i have to pay something to have my friend take photos of the wedding?

i have been to this resort on vacation last year, and i will hunt some pics down to upload on here.

great place!

i have choosen the gazebo(white one) and my time is at 1pm. we are having a private reception at the garden grill.

any questions let me know!

thanks ladies

I asked Ana the same about photo because I would like to contact HDC photos for my wedding. She told me that this surcharges is just for outside punta cana photographer.. So Ashley you dont have to pay if you bring your own photographer from canada..

I have choosen arrecife, it seem very professional and I have read few review from them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyjoneston View Post
I asked Ana the same about photo because I would like to contact HDC photos for my wedding. She told me that this surcharges is just for outside punta cana photographer.. So Ashley you dont have to pay if you bring your own photographer from canada..
I have choosen arrecife, it seem very professional and I have read few review from them..

awesome, thanks so much for the help! :) i got a little worried there. i didnt want to mention it to ana incase she said yes u have to pay even if its a frien attending the wedding. was gonna see if i could slide it. but now i dont need to worry.....

so far i have told ana what my wedding colours are going to be. what kind of details have u all told her so far. i am kinda not really sure what i should be requesting or telling her at this point....

things i have confirmed:
date & time
gazebo
colours
private dinner/garden grill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyjoneston View Post
I have confirmed:
legal wedding, date, time, beach ceremony, pink color, private dinner also at the garden grill with DJ...
I am not sure if take the trio to play at the ceremony... what do you think huh.gif
i am passing the trio. not into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.jeff2011 View Post
I am still confused about the surcharge........so if the photographer is not a resort photographer than the fee applieshuh.gif If we bring our own from home, or its a family member, does it apply?? HELP
thats what i am getting out of the post. if its a photographer that is only coming in for the wedding. for the day, you have to pay a surcharge. but if your bringing one for the trip(1wk) OR its a guest at your wedding, a friend, then u dont have to pay.

Hi Ladies! Thanks for all your input but does anyone have an e-mail address where I can contact someone at this resort? I can't seem to find this on their website and would like to contact someone at the resort with a barrage of questions.

I am looking at resorts in DR for March-MAy 2011 and there are so many to choose from my head is spinning!