• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatieMc
    Hello my name is Katie and I am planning on having my weeding in Aruba next July 2011! I have not yet booked anything, but I am thinking of booking at the Occidental Grand. Does anyone have any information about weddings at this hotel?? Any information would be great! Thanks!
    Hi Katie,

Congrats on picking such a beautiful location for your wedding! When we first knew we wanted a DW, Aruba was our first choice, but for financial reasons, we decided on Riviera Maya.

I just wanted to tell you that FI and I stayed at the Occidental Grand Aruba for a week for NYE 2006/2007 and absolutely loved it! It's a great location, the pool is fabulous, staff was so friendly -- I don't think you'll be disappointed. All the restaurants were pretty good, the only one we weren't crazy about was the Italian.

While I dont have any of their wedding package info: there is a really good open air tropical/seafood restaurant at the resort that would be perfect for a private reception. It's off the pool area if memory serves. Secondly, you guys MUST do the Kuku Kanuku party bus as a bachelor/bachelorette party or just a late night group activity. It is absolutely hilarious!

Best wishes !
    Tara

#12 Sheree10

Sheree10
    • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

Welcome fellow Aruban bride! I'm getting married this July at the Renaissance. I met a bride who got married at the Occidental and had a wonderful experience. Good luck to you!
      http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#13 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
      • 276 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

Congratulations!

#14 AishaB

AishaB
        • 2,350 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:25 PM

Hey Katie, welcome to the forum and happy planning!
          BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#15 mexico102

mexico102
          • 300 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#16 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
            • 997 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:52 AM

I found you Katie!!!!! So glad you've joined the addiction!!! You'll find everything you need and more here on the site...message me if you need any help!! Congrats on the engagement and I hope to hear all about you're planning in person soon!!

#17 KatieMc

KatieMc
              • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hey Jess,

I also e-mailed the hotel two weeks ago now and have heard nothing back. I really want to get married at this hotel, I have friends who have been there and said it was amazing! I am thinking that I will have a large group of around 50 people. I know of 30 people so far that are for sure coming. When I hear back for the hotel I will fill you in on the details!

#18 LI2Aruba2Wed

LI2Aruba2Wed
                • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

Katie,
                  I've been trying to get in contact with the wedding planner Kim at the Occidental to set a date and she NEVER gets back to me. It's so frustrating!! If it wasn't such a beautiful resort, I would have went elsewhere by now. We're trying to set a date late March/early April 2011. Happy planning!

#19 angel3379

angel3379
                  • 12 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hi ~

My name is Carrie and I'm new to this forum. I got engaged a month ago and would love to plan a wedding next fall at the Renaissance hotel. I sent my information to the wedding planner and are waiting to hear back as well. We're looking to have about 50-75 people at the wedding. Does anyone know if the private island can accomodate this many?

#20 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

Congrats and happy planning!!!
                      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users