Photo

Personalized Gift Bags (Alternative to Beach Totes for OOT Bags)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:15 PM

I've been looking for an alternative to beach bags or beach totes for my OOT bags (A) to save money since I have a large party, and (B) I really don't feel my guests will resuse a beach bag with our names and wedding date on it.

Not knockin it at all, just basing this off my knowledge of my family members and friends.

I found these two sites: Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Larger size bags are available if you have larger items like beach towels or T-shirts.

For you DIY-ers out there, it would also be a pretty easy project (and even more economical) to just get a stamp made from an etsy seller and stamp on the bags.

Just thought I'd share

P.S. Wedding Favors - Wedding Accessories - Wedding Party Gifts also has some nice 16 and 22oz. stadium cups with lids. Not sure how the prices compare with discountmugs.com, but I know quite a few ladies have had issues with discountmugs.

#2 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
    • 276 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

Those are adorable! Thanks for sharing

#3 tracy0716

tracy0716
      • 431 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

I ordered my OOT bags from the first site you posted! I got them a few weeks ago and love them...I also got the tissue paper and ribbon from them too. It came out to around $7 per bag and they're super pretty. Our resort gives beach bags in the rooms so these were a good alternative for us.

#4 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
        • 279 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by tracy0716
          I ordered my OOT bags from the first site you posted! I got them a few weeks ago and love them...I also got the tissue paper and ribbon from them too. It came out to around $7 per bag and they're super pretty. Our resort gives beach bags in the rooms so these were a good alternative for us.
          Awesome. Which color scheme/artwork did you go with? I thought the tropical skyline and the tropical thanks were so cute.

#5 tracy0716

tracy0716
          • 431 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

We did the apple green bag with white writing and the monogram design. I also added the turquoise and turquoise paisely gemstones tissues paper with a turquoise/blue/green ribbon. I hope to do a planning thread and will post pics then.

#6 buehler.allison

buehler.allison
            • 99 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

Good call! Nice ideas... both the bag. And those stadium cup lids would probably be a very good alternative to a koozie. I might go with this option. THanks for sharing!

#7 michelle2011

michelle2011
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:15 AM

Thanx these are great. I only need a few as only having a small wedding but for that price i dont mind ordering them. I wonder if they ship to the UK..

#8 Soon-to-be-McRae

Soon-to-be-McRae
                • 157 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:15 AM

These are a fab idea what type of things will you be putting in them for your guests?

#9 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
                  • 309 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:15 AM

Those bags are really nice. I may order some for my bridal party gifts. Just fyi though, for anyone looking for reasonably priced tote bags, Dollar Tree has some that are really reasonable for $1. I purchased 50 the other day and am surprised by the quality.

Bulk Jumbo Tote Bags, 19" at DollarTree.com

#10 msglave

msglave
                    • 933 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

Really cute. We ordered tote bags from Oriental Trading. They have flip flops on them which is a nice design. They were very reasonable. The bags are not big enough for towels or t-shirts though.
                      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users