46 replies to this topic

#41 shan0487

shan0487
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

Did you choose a local travel agent that specializes in DW, or a well known one?

Originally Posted by mmc1105 

Welcome and congrats!! I have been with my fiance 8 years, so I know the feeling . I was overwhelmed picking a location too, but contacted a travel agent that specializes in destination weddings, told her my vision and budget, and she recommended some great places. We also researched ourselves to make sure we are getting the best possible deal... We actually got more affordable room rates on our own, but when I told her, she matched the price.
Good luck!

#42 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
  • Vendor
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Hey... Congratulations on you engagement. If you want you can try Playa del Carmen as a location look at this page http://www.rivieramaya.com/.

Best of Luck!

#43 jennifersyble

jennifersyble
    • 166 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

Congrats, I got engaged in September after dating my fiance for 14 years so I can relate. I think for the place, choose somewhere with a shorter flight time we didn't really think about that and now I sort of regret it because everyone has to fly like 7 hours to get there.

#44 sharlie

sharlie
      • 261 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

ohh my gosh I can relate... WE were so stressed choosing a location.  We wanted our guest to be able to afford so we wanted guests to pay no more then 1500 for all inclusive for a week. So we choose Jamiaca at Couples resort. Can't wait til June 29!! Good luck

Negril, Jamaica
        6/29/11
        24 booked =)
        Can't wait til the big day!

#45 KrystaRyan

KrystaRyan
        • Site Supporter
        • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

I proposed to my FiancĀ©e back on December 2nd, 2010... now we're trying to figure out how to pick a resort. We want:

Affordable! (1500)

Beautiful! (I'm a wedding photographer on the side, she's a budding photographer)

Simple! (cut the fancy options that cost money that we don't need)

What is the best place to see all the different wedding packages compared or get recommendations for resorts like this...?

Thanks!

-Excited Groom

#46 KrystaRyan

KrystaRyan
          • Site Supporter
          • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

Same boat... but might be children... but might not... so much to think about.. definitely want the 1500 mark!

#47 sharlie

sharlie
            • 261 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

we choose couples in Negril, jamaica which is in your price range. but no kids and only double occ.

Negril, Jamaica
              6/29/11
              24 booked =)
              Can't wait til the big day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users