Photo

Engaged 1 week, need location!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 AnnCam2011

AnnCam2011
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

My name is Ann and I am from the Twin Cities. After 11 years together, we finally got engaged last week. We plan on having a destination wedding and inviting anyone interested in attending. The problem is we are having a tough time deciding where to go. I would like to pick a place that is all inclusive, somewhere on the Caribbean, and not so expensive that none of our friends will be able to go. I am thinking Playa del Carmen, MX, but ideally St. Lucia or Turks & Caicos. Any suggestions on places to go would be appreciated!

Thinking March 2011 wedding. We've been together 11 years and dont want to wait any longer than we have to, to make it official!

Best,
    AC

#2 chendy901

chendy901
    • 52 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:58 AM

Congrats! You can spend hours here researching different locations. I'm sure whatever you pick will be great. Just be aware of the rainy seasons for each location since weather is a big factor.

#3 newfiegal75

newfiegal75
      • 95 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

Congrats & Happy planning :)

#4 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
        • 2,667 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

Hi Ann,
        Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#5 AnnCam2011

AnnCam2011
        • 95 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

Thanks - a friend recommended this site. She used it to plan her DW and said it kept her sane! Already found some great information.

#6 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
          • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

This forum is the best and super helpful! I found my resort Azul Sensatori on this forum!
            Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#7 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
            • 276 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

Congratulations!

#8 AnnCam2011

AnnCam2011
              • 95 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

MaggieandJay: That place looks lovely! I have been back and forth on trying to pick a COUNTRY to get married in, let alone a resort. I am thinking somewhere in Mexico might be easier for us and our guests (more cost-effective as well), however I want to make sure the location is somewhere new and exciting for everyone as well. My extended family are not travelers by any means, so I think this would be a great way to give them a taste of what's out there. We are also tossing around the idea of Turks & Caicos or St. Lucia, but I am afraid those locations might be over budget for our guests. How did you pick Azul for your wedding? Have you been there before? Any other places you can recommend to me to checkout? I want to plan this wedding as dummy-proof & simple as possible, any suggestions would be appreciated!

#9 artistique

artistique
                • Banned
                • 190 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

Welcome Ann! :) The Riviera Maya really is a great place to get married and is a super easy destination to get to. Cancun airport is fairly small and undaunting. Customs is pretty easy and you just pop out and find your transport. It is really is easy to travel to any of the resorts up and down the coast. All of them are basically off the same highway. The other great thing about the Riviera is that for the most part, the all inclusives are less expensive than other areas.

:) Michelle

#10 ahollo02

ahollo02
                  • 296 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

Congrats and welcome! Picking the place is the hardest part, I think Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users