Havana Blue Restaurant St. Thomas

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jesmcan

jesmcan
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

Hi Ladies,

For anyone looking into the Havana Blue Restaurant in St. Thomas I just featured a wedding from here on my blog.

It looks like a really incredible reception location:

Click the image to open in full size.

I wanted to share, hope it helps someone looking into this location
    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2 TaraBinki

TaraBinki
    • 53 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

It helps me!!! :) I can't wait to visit in August :) but yess if there are any other brides out there who know any inside info on Havana Blue send it my wayy!

Jess, your the best!

#3 ThefutureMrsBrown

ThefutureMrsBrown
      • 36 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

I'm actually considering having my reception here, so thanks for the information.
        **I offically make my debut as Mrs. Brown on Oct 16, 2010.**

Kelly & Devin Best Friends for Life!!!!

#4 TaraBinki

TaraBinki
        • 53 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:43 PM

TheFuture Mrs. Brown,
          Have you talked to Havana Blue yet or been there? Just wondering how the experience was so far? How many people do you think you are having?

Thanks!!

#5 ThefutureMrsBrown

ThefutureMrsBrown
          • 36 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

When I was there I did not visit Havana Blue, but I have seen the pictures and I really like the ambiance and the fact that they offer a reasonable packages. They also have On-Site DJ’s; can arrange flower arrangements and an on-site Pastry Chef to assist in my wedding cake. I’m going to give Elizabeth Smith, the event coordinator, a call today. I think this venue can accommodate my reception needs and elevate the stress of trying to find all these vendors on my own.
            **I offically make my debut as Mrs. Brown on Oct 16, 2010.**

Kelly & Devin Best Friends for Life!!!!

#6 TaraBinki

TaraBinki
            • 53 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

If you don't get ahold of Elizabeth...I have Kate Atwell's contact information as well..another coordinator for Havana Blue. She has been very responsive so far :) I'm thinking of the buyout option which allows you to basically do whateva you want within your budget...I heard they customize the menu and specialty cocktail menus for you as well! Lemme know how it goes!

#7 Willow188

Willow188
              • 32 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

I love this restaurant! I visited here on my wedding fact finding mission a few weeks ago. The food is amazing, the staff is wonderful and the drinks are delicious! I'm actually considering this for plan b if Waterfront Bistro doesn't work out.

Kate is really nice, and she responds very quickly. (Not something you can say for a lot of people on the islands.) She said the menu starts at $75 but can be customized. I don't know much about the buyout option, but she said she can make it fit into the budget.

I'm definitely incorporating this place into my wedding somehow. :)

#8 mishrn

mishrn
                • 67 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

We are getting married in St.Thomas (via Celebrity Cruise Lines) in November. My mom and I flew to St. Thomas in April to meet with our wedding coordinator (Leslie Dawson - who has been FANTASTIC), stayed at the Marriott and had dinner not once, but twice at Havana Blue - the food and ambiance were exemplary. If I were to have a destination wedding to St. Thomas, without the 7 day cruise, I would have my reception there for sure!
                  67 booked.....plus bride and groom

#9 bluedot76

bluedot76
                  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by TaraBinki 

If you don't get ahold of Elizabeth...I have Kate Atwell's contact information as well..another coordinator for Havana Blue. She has been very responsive so far :) I'm thinking of the buyout option which allows you to basically do whateva you want within your budget...I heard they customize the menu and specialty cocktail menus for you as well! Lemme know how it goes!

How does the buyout option work?

#10 bluedot76

bluedot76
                    • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by mishrn 

We are getting married in St.Thomas (via Celebrity Cruise Lines) in November. My mom and I flew to St. Thomas in April to meet with our wedding coordinator (Leslie Dawson - who has been FANTASTIC), stayed at the Marriott and had dinner not once, but twice at Havana Blue - the food and ambiance were exemplary. If I were to have a destination wedding to St. Thomas, without the 7 day cruise, I would have my reception there for sure!

Congrats! I am getting married in St. Thomas via a Carnival Cruise in March 2011. Are you doing anything else on the island besides your wedding? We are trying to plan a lunch and tour. Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users