VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

Welcome to BDW!

I was married at the Riu Jalisco back in 07'! Great choice! Speeches and dancing are totally doable there. I rented out the pool bar for dancing but you may be interested in seeing if the disco is rentable as well? Just to give you more options of course.

Hope you found our Riu thread in the PV section. There's a ton of helpful info there too. Congrats and happy planning!

#22 tigercheerfan

tigercheerfan
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:04 AM

welcome and congrats

#23 orchid

orchid
    • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:28 AM

No i havent booked anything yet... are you using their photographer, or is it better to get your own??  help

#24 mexcanwed

mexcanwed
      • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

If you dont use their photographer you have to pay $500 for using an outside vendor.  The one they use (Aldo Tovar)  looks super though and his package prices are totally decent.  What day is yours?  Mine is Nov 29, soooooooooooooon but not soon enough:)

#25 AishaB

AishaB
        • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:05 AM

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your planning!

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#26 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
          • 267 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

Welcome to the forum...Congratulations!

#27 orchid

orchid
            • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

Hey, my wedding is on November 18th,, so that is reasaonable prices for photography.... right, i am so disallusioned that everything is so cheap... wrong!  hah,

My wedding is at 1pm, then the dinner starts at 6:30, dont know what to do with guests between?  I think we will have the toast and pics on the beach, then... i dont know... let everyone loose to go to the bars?  Confused.

#28 mexcanwed

mexcanwed
              • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

Well, the photographers packages start around $800 but if you decide to go with another photographer you need to pay the $500 (which is only a FEE) plus the charges of the outside photographer.  Thus, it is cheaper to use Aldo!  His pics look awesome too so i am excited about it.

Are you dead set on having your wedding ceremony that early in the afternoon?  Honestly...I would suggest diong it later in the day if you can.  1pm is the hottest part of the day and that does leave a super long gap for your guests.  They would have to get ready (dresses, hair, makeup) for the ceremony and then they would likely not want to stay in their formal clothes all day in the heat so would go to the beach and or pool and then have to get ready for dinner again. Obviously this is just my opinon......  I am having my cermeony at 4pm, then I am renting the pool bar from 730 to 830 where we will do cocktails, first dance, etc. and then dinner is at 845pm.    Technically yes though...you could just set your guests loose in between:)  It is your special day and you are the boss, lol. 

#29 gersbja

gersbja
                • 152 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

Hello &    You will find tons of info on here and lots of helpful advice.  Look under the forum's tab for RIU and under the resorts and Villia's...   I am sure will will find someone who has had all the same thoughts as you... But good luck & happy planning.

#30 dreamsmaybride

dreamsmaybride
                  • 168 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users