Photo

LF: huppa fabric!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nmurch

nmurch
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

if anyone is getting rid, wanting to sell, or will have huppa fabric that i can buy/borrow/share etc for Jan 11 2011 in white blue/turquoise or apple green, please let me know, i would like to purchase it and i dont have a clue where how much or anything i might need, if you have it and are willing to sell, that will save me trying to figure out how much i will need!!!

here's my inspiration
    Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

please feel free to leave me a PM or a post in here, thanks!!!

nic
    jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#2 wendyjd

wendyjd
    • 968 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

I'm thinking tulle or organza type fabric, but have no idea how much would be needed. I'm going to keep checking back to see if you get any info.

heres a link to making one, not sure how helpful it is.

Do It Yourself Wedding Chuppah Ideas and Instructions

#3 Jenny310

Jenny310
      • 245 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

I bought mine from papermart.com along with ribbon I need for my DIY projects and the quality is great!! I think it was $17 for 40 yards which should be enough for the huppa. My resort offers the white fabric so I purchased the tulle in purple. Good luck!

#4 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

I think I am just going to rent the material thru the resort, that being said trying to find coral colour has been crazy hard, with blue or tourquise you should have a much easier time - Happy planning!

#5 edub007

edub007
          • 47 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

My resort wants to charge me $150 per color to put fabric on the hubba. Wow! I am looking into purchasing and bringing my own fabric.

#6 edub007

edub007
            • 47 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

I ended up purchasing 4 chair bows of 3 different colors to use as my huppa fabric at $0.59 per bow. They worked great and I saved a lot of money!

#7 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
              • 324 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Do you have any photos to show us how it turned out?? I am trying to figure this out right now!

Originally Posted by edub007 

I ended up purchasing 4 chair bows of 3 different colors to use as my huppa fabric at $0.59 per bow. They worked great and I saved a lot of money!

#8 Lindy S

Lindy S
                • 201 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

I'd like to see photos of your huppa too if you have them! Thanks :)

Originally Posted by edub007 

#9 Larisa629

Larisa629
                  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:45 AM

Hi ladies,

I am also looking for huppa fabric and trying to get ideas on how to design mine.  Our colors are orange and teal and my guess is that I will probably have to bring it with me to Maui.  If anyone has any pics or ideas, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!!

#10 edub007

edub007
                    • 47 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

Here a couple pics of the chair bows I used as Huppa fabric (coral, clover, and royal blue). I had 4 chair bows of each color on the huppa (2 on each side). They're not the best pics, but they give a decent idea of how it looked. I had multi colors to match the girls dresses (the clover wasn't quite bright enough, but I didn't mind as the other two were perfect)

Huppa.pngCeremony.png

GirlsDresses.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users