Photo

E-Ring is now too loose

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

Hello everyone - this is a huge problem. I have lost some weight and now my E Ring is too big. What is the best solution for this? Please help?
    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#2 dianep

dianep
    • 532 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

is there any reason you wouldn't be able to get it sized down? seems like that would be the best option.
      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#3 teshy1

teshy1
      • 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

Can you take it back to the jeweller from whom you purchased (or take it to a reputable jeweller if you ordered the ring online or was passed along from family) and get it resized? Most rings can be resized. It wouldn't hurt to ask...

#4 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
        • 2,727 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

Im in the same situation as you Tenny, i am just taking my ring into the jeweler we purchasing it from and they are re-sizing it for me, free of charge. they said theyll resize it as many times as needed for the life of the ring!
          He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
          My Planning Thread

#5 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

The jeweler only told me that I could put balls in it. I will probably get a temorpary ring guard put in until I figure it out.

#6 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
            • 301 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tennyt1
              The jeweler only told me that I could put balls in it. I will probably get a temorpary ring guard put in until I figure it out.
              Can you fill me in on what the balls they told you about are i cant have mine sized without having some of the diamonds re-set and that apparantly requires pretty much remaking the ring ..... Ive tried the ring guard and found it a little uncomfortable....

#7 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

I have seen the balls before but I don't know how comfy it will be. They pretty much just place 2 balls of gold on the back inside of the ring and the size depends on how loose the ring is.

#8 becks1581

becks1581
                • 477 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

I have friends who have had the 'ring balls' placed and they haven't complained at all about them being uncomfortable. I've thought abut having them put on my ring to keep it from spinning since my knuckle is bigger than the rest of my finger.

#9 Oryx

Oryx
                  • 727 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:59 PM

I had the same problem. They couldn't resize my ring without resetting all of the diamonds. I tried the balls and they weren't horrible, but they were uncomfortable when I was gripping something, like the sides of the elliptical when I was at the gym. I went back to the jeweler and he melted the balls into a U-shaped piece of gold and soldered that into the inside of the ring -- much more comfortable!

#10 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,368 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

I wouldn't do anything permanent to your e-ring. I lost some weight before my wedding and my e-ring felt pretty loose, so I debated on getting it resized. Then I thought about it and realized that I want to wear this ring for the next 50 years. Am I really going to be the same size at 40, 50, 60 that I was at 27? Honestly, I've gained weight since my wedding and I'm so happy I didn't mess with my ring because it fits better now. Just some food for thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users