my Vistaprint invites

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 pamphilia

• 362 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

well, my invitations are just about ready to go out, so i thought i would share them with your lovely brides-to-be!

we are on a super tight budget, and pretty lax about a lot of the details, so we ended up going with Vistaprint for our invites.

for the most part we were really happy with them, but there are a few details that might turn a few people off!

this is the whole shebang - invite, matching envelope and one insert card (i have layed it out so you can the front and the back). the back of the invite has a design as well.

Click the image to open in full size.

..and a closeup

the sides of the invitations were a little fuzzy, like they had been cut in a huge stack (which i am sure they were) instead of individually. at first this bothered me, but really - in the grande scheme, it is fine!

you have a choice of what you want on the inside of your envelops, and FI thought it would be cute to put a little message with our names on the inside...it says pamlovescemlovespamlovescem etc etc etc...awww

in this pic you will also see one of the faults that bugs me. the envelopes are a cream colour, but you can see the area where the sticky bit sticks is still white. i think that looks a little cheap. but i realized in the end that this will be covered and less noticeable when the envelopes are stuck closed.

...and finally, the one thing that bugs me the most: there is a blue line on the flap, and also of the bottom of the envelope. i don't know whether it was a printing reference or a fold reference, but i think it looks pretty bad. but again, i am over it. hehe.

all in all, i am happy with the invites and the fact that i only had to spend $136 for 70 (including shippping)...i would recommend them to everyone who is easy about the little details!

#2 teshy1

• 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

I just ordered invites from Vistaprint for our AHR and was very happy with them. I just got plain white envelopes, so didn't have to worry about printing stuff. I did notice the paper used for the envelopes is very thin (probably contributes to the low overall cost), but otherwise, things turned out great.
      Can you call Vistaprint and let them know about the blue line on the envelopes? Since it bugs you the most, you should see if you can get it fixed. Just because you're on a budget doesn't mean you should settle for mistakes.
      By the way -- cute invites!!!

#3 josietoms

• 765 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

I think these invites look great and your guests certainly wont study them in as much detail as you have - your the bride - we always want everything perfect!! LOL. And for price paid i think they are great.
        Contact Vistaprint about your concerns and they are usually really good. I'm on a tight budget and would be really pleased if my invites turned out so good xx
        Josie x

#4 *Linds*

• 5,776 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

wow! I think they came out great!
          Loving married life! <3

#5 pamphilia

• 362 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:46 PM

thanks ladies! i really am pleased with them on the whole.

i have come to terms with the blue line, but in retrospect, maybe i should have contacted them. it is too late now as they have to go out ASAP.

thanks for the comments :)

#6 Shoesiesluvr

• 2,727 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Pam I think your invites look great!!
              He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
              My Planning Thread

#7 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

They look great! Congrats
                BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#8 kristy1980

• 37 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:58 AM

I love your invites! We ordered ours from Vistaprint last week and I can't wait to see how they turn out. If they're as cute as yours, I'll be very happy :)
                  I thought Vista was reasonably priced and easy to work with. I don't need the invites right away so we chose the regular shipping option (21 days) but I'm hoping they come sooner. I haven't posted pictures anywhere on the forum yet, but when I get them I'll give it a try :)
                  Thanks for sharing!!

#9 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

Pam I think it looks great! Don't worry about the small stuff, most of your guests won't notice and if they do, oh well, you saved some money to put towards other things for your wedding!
                    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#10 Miss Lighting Bug

Miss Lighting Bug
                    • 162 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

The orange is great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users