• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 LoriGran

• 339 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
  • LocationMexico

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

missroxy, I was thinking the same!! I'm really not expecting cards at the wedding since they are already spending money on the trip. But maybe it's good wedding etiquette to give a card anyway. I went to a destination wedding and still gave a card with money.

#12 Peach

• 1,293 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

What about just a small little bag, like a miniature beach bag to hang discreetly on your chair or something? Then if someone gives you a card, you can put it right in there. 

We will not do a card box or a bag or anything. We do not expect anyone to give us any cards there. We will have a card box at our AHR. But it depends on your group. 

#13 KristieT

• 430 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hey ladies, I totally agree, we do expect gifts at all! We made it very clear.. No gifts! But I have a friend who just got back from a Mexico wedding where she brought a card just to congratulate and had no where to put it so didn't even end up giving to the couple. So that got me thinking. You guys made some good points though a visible box could make some feel awkward... I think I'll bring a small one and just have it off to the side or hidden .

#14 Cherina

• Banned
      • 636 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I am doing to do a wish box and cards can go in there also. Duo purpose

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#15 WeddingCancun

• Vendor
        • 210 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

i think the best option is a best wishes tree, a nice alternative for guest to write their warm wishes on a card.

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#16 Sophia2616

• 143 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

I am using a vintage suitcase; and that way I can also you use it as a carry on (personal item) its small and I can stuff it with stuff too like my ipad etc for the plane ride; here is the link that I copying from:

#17 cherany

• 234 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

I'm also unsure as to whether we'll get any cards or not, but I love this idea and want to do it, regardless. I'm planning to buy in Mexico, so no worries about bringing it down.

#18 acd8809

• 51 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

OMG, I totally love this idea!  I do have an old suitcase in the basement, that would work with our theme.  Thanks!

Amanda  acd8809@yahoo.com

#19 acd8809

• 51 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Great idea.  I wanted to have empty pinatas as decorations, anyway.  Maybe I could incorporate one as a card box, and it won't look so out-of-place, and embarrass those who choose not to bring a card, as no one would ever know!  I really do not expect people to give a card or gift after they have spent so much $$ traveling already, but this would be just in case...

Amanda   acd8809@yahoo.com

#20 fenikjo

• 152 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

We're using an old decorative suitcase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users