Photo

Vancouver Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#121 rosieposie

rosieposie
  • 649 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:04 PM

also, thanks Jen for the cute mini maracas!

#122 Princess J

Princess J
    • 424 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:30 AM

No problem, I had a great time too! Maybe next time a glass of wine?

50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

#123 Jolene512

Jolene512
      • 56 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:01 AM

Ah dang! I missed it! We must do a get together soon I have tons of questions ......... Ahhh Any other Vancouver brides want to set up another meet ,greet?.. & Wine?

#124 TA Becky

TA Becky
        • 68 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

Jackie!! You crack me up. I can just picture you bouncing off the walls..lol!!

Rosie, we defintely need another reason to have one of those croissants. I've been thinking about it all morning actually. That place seriously is dangerously close to my house!!! I need to forget that it's there...but it's so hard...mmmmm...croissant!!

Regarding another meet up. Since the Fairmont was sold out last time, they've invited myself and a group max of 10 girls to have a little event at the Sky Bar with some appies and drinks. Sounds like a great place to get together again and have a chat. Afterwards, they would do a tour of the property so it would be best that people that come are actually wanting to view the property. They're thinking the first week in October. Would anyone be interested? It'll be a lot of fun :)

So nice to meet you all last night. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot!! Like I said, my boyfriend's in BIG trouble..haha.

#125 rosieposie

rosieposie
          • 649 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

thanks Becky! please count me in!

First week of October works for me, I am away the last week of October.

#126 Dilara

Dilara
            • 233 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

I had sooo much fun meeting you ladies last night!! We should definitely do it again 

Jackie - you're too funny! Thanks for sending me the link for sashes... and thanks for the pictures from your wedding. Now I know for sure the organza sashes are the way to go.

Becky - another meet-up at the Fairmont sounds amazing! I would definitely be interested... so far the first week of October works for me (except for the Friday cuz that's my birthday).

#127 beaz2be

beaz2be
              • 256 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

Hi Ladies. Sounds like you all had a great time the other night.  Sorry I missed it.

Just wanted to post an FYI:  I got an email from my TA last night (and I've checked the news a bit online to confirm).  Seems that as of about this week Mexico has made new policies regarding currency and is only accepting PESOS from now on.  That means, no US Singles accepted at all-inclusives for tipping etc.  No USD of CDN funds for excursions.

From what she said credit cards are all still fine b/c they just change the currency into pesos.  I haven't looked into how this affects the wedding planning stuff because I know my resort for example always seems to quote and charge everything in USD.  But I just thought I'd share that news with you all.

#128 beaz2be

beaz2be
                • 256 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

Anyone going to  the Wedding Show at the Convention Centre this weekend?  I think I'm going to hit it up with my mom for a bit.

#129 TA Becky

TA Becky
                  • 68 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for posting that information about Mexico. I posted it in the 'Mexico issues, concerns, etc' thread but wasn't sure if anyone would see it there :)

#130 Dilara

Dilara
                    • 233 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

I was not aware of this! Thank you for posting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users