Photo

looking for advice for AHR - backyard BBQ

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 Bride2Be21

Bride2Be21
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

I have a question. How can we incorporate our AHR AND also invite them to the destination wedding (most won't go) but at least give them the option. Sorta like "Hey we're getting married in Mexico but if you can't make it we're going to have a backyard BBQ when we get back." But worded better. Would that be better off done separate? What was/is your plan?

#12 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

I just did 1 invite for the DW and the AHR. Then included 2 RSVP cards. Here's the thread with pics and templates. Hope this helps :)

I have a question. How can we incorporate our AHR AND also invite them to the destination wedding (most won't go) but at least give them the option. Sorta like "Hey we're getting married in Mexico but if you can't make it we're going to have a backyard BBQ when we get back." But worded better. Would that be better off done separate? What was/is your plan?

#13 Bride2Be21

Bride2Be21
      • 167 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by autjo
        I just did 1 invite for the DW and the AHR. Then included 2 RSVP cards. Here's the thread with pics and templates. Hope this helps :)

http://bestdestinati....invites-48691/
        Thank you!

#14 dine.conway

dine.conway
        • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

A fruit palm tree is a really cute idea for a reception following a beach destination wedding. you can buy a kit that has a stand and directions, just add fruit!

www.smartyhadaparty.com has really nice inexpensive plates, napkins, cups, and lots more and it's cute stuff too.

www.save-on-crafts.com has great decorating ideas.

www.quickcandles.com has bulk candles for a good price

www.dollartree.com has nice vases for $1 of course

Our splurge was on a steel drum band to bring the island feel to our reception.

#15 Avens

Avens
          • 576 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

I would definately like to do a backyard sort of BBQ idea.  Unforunately our yard is quite small, and our families don't live here.  We might end up moving it to a park where there is more room.

Same idea though! I like the idea of the slide show.

#16 Gatorgirl

Gatorgirl
            • 28 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

We are DEFINITELY sending out an Evite for our AHR. Its free, quick and easy! Everybody has an email address these days so why waste time asking everyone for their home address and spend hours doing mail out invitations and spend money on stamps! Plus, most people wont rsvp on time anyways and you will still have to ask them if they're coming or not.

Why go through that?! Evite will send out reminders for those who haven't responded and you literally wont have to touch the invitations again since it will send you a count of those who have rsvp'ed or not. AWESOME!! You would have had your wedding already so why waste money on invitations :)

#17 sharlie

sharlie
              • 261 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

ohh I wish I had the space to open house style AHR,  but we have 150 people and not be enough yard. SO now its turning to a big party and lots of planning this is way I wanted to married in Jamaica =(

Negril, Jamaica
                6/29/11
                24 booked =)
                Can't wait til the big day!

#18 MelloJess83

MelloJess83
                • 46 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

Great ideas!  I am actually lucky enough to have 2 AHR's!  One in PA where I grew up (my fiance's family is in VA so they will go to the PA AHR) and one in CT where we live.  The one in PA is going to be in my mom's backyard with tents and tables/chairs.  We will have a beach theme to incorporate our wedding that will take place in St. Thomas.  The one in CT will probably be at one of the beaches, possibly renting a pavilion or a beach house for the weekend.  So excited!!

#19 tamandrob

tamandrob
                  • 349 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

We are having a AHR bbq style too! Thanks for the great ideas ladies!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#20 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

We are thinking of doing an AHR BBQ.  Thanks for the great ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users