Photo

Baja Cantina $500 deposit???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

I have been in touch with Mona at the Baja Cantina to make a reservation for a group of 20 on Thursday before the wedding. We do not need a special menu or need to have the tables rearranged (the regular tables that seat 4 are fine with us), but Mona told me she needs $500 to hold the reservation.

Has anyone else been asked to do this?

Thanks!
    KM
    Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#2 lavalos

lavalos
    • 261 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

That sounds right....I had to put down a bit more but we're having 50 ppl.

#3 CaboDate

CaboDate
      • 129 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KAMEYER70
        I have been in touch with Mona at the Baja Cantina to make a reservation for a group of 20 on Thursday before the wedding. We do not need a special menu or need to have the tables rearranged (the regular tables that seat 4 are fine with us), but Mona told me she needs $500 to hold the reservation.

Has anyone else been asked to do this?

Thanks!

How Funny.. I started a similar thread a couple weeks ago because I had made reservations at Baja Cantina tentatively.. and found out the same thing. We're getting married same day as you and was going to do our dinner that Friday night for 15, off the menu, nothing special. She told me just to push 4- 4 tops together it's a 500 dollar deposit. I asked what would have happened if we just walked up and wanted a table for 15.. and she told me we would not have been able to sit together.
        Personally.. they can shove it up their .. you know what's!! I think its rediculous. We changed locations.. called a made a reservation for 15.. and no deposit, no problems.
        Sorry to rant.. I was sooooo frustrated by this!
        Amy & Todd
        Cabo San Lucas
        October 20th, 2007

#4 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
        • 108 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CaboDate
          We changed locations.. called a made a reservation for 15.. and no deposit, no problems.
          Sorry to rant.. I was sooooo frustrated by this!
          Where did you end up booking the reservation? I really wanted us to be on the beach, but still in a fun location. I thought we could walk over to The Office after dinner, etc.
          KM
          Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#5 CaboDate

CaboDate
          • 129 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

We actually moved off the beach.. figured a lot of the weekend is going to be on the beach.. and my WC recommended La Fonda.. says the food's fantastic!
            Amy & Todd
            Cabo San Lucas
            October 20th, 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users